My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts" - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Even democrats like and own guns, so I'd imagine a good cross section of those idjuts at the stores were democrats as well. Don't overlook them.
I'm one of those "democrat leaning" gun lovers, so keep me in the rant. I'm quite moderate , though, compared to both extremes. Luckily for me, there's a fine LGS 2 miles from home and a "no frills" gun club about 8 miles away. It's a great hobby, with a lot of different branches on the tree. Long guns, revolvers, semi's, reloading, combat courses, etc. Forget the extemists on both sides and stick with the middle ground.

3d Infantry Division
"Dogface Soldier"
Beretta 70 Collection
FEG Collection
SKS Fan

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
I'm one of those "democrat leaning" gun lovers, so keep me in the rant. I'm quite moderate , though, compared to both extremes. Luckily for me, there's a fine LGS 2 miles from home and a "no frills" gun club about 8 miles away. It's a great hobby, with a lot of different branches on the tree. Long guns, revolvers, semi's, reloading, combat courses, etc. Forget the extemists on both sides and stick with the middle ground.

I'm one of those whack job tea party conservatives who believes in smallest government as possible, and leave us alone kind of people. To me that is the middle ground
Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #33

Liked 696 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
I'm one of those whack job tea party conservatives who believes in smallest government as possible, and leave us alone kind of people. To me that is the middle ground
Actually Anna, the Libertarian Party was sitting and talking at that table long before anybody else even started brewing some tea.... didn't you get the invite girlfriend??
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #34

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I agree about some of the smaller shops but its like anything else there are terds everywhere. For instance one LGS (Henderson Nc) is horribly overpriced and the staff is rude. Drive 15 minutes to Townesville Nc and there is a great LGS/Sporting goods store witha friendly staff that are not terds. Guess which one does has a better business. Big Box stores suck unless they have an unbeatable sale going.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #35

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I have also experienced the local gun shop staff with the McDonalds Manager Syndrome. They are the coolest because they have a firearm on their hip, and when looking for a gun they will often mention a particular model (that happens to be on their hip) as the best and only choice for that type of firearm. For example, this guy told me the Glock 21 was the only choice for a 45. Number one, I'm not a Glock fan, and I have actually owned and sold the model 21!!

Sales 101 - listen to what the customer wants, and do more listening than talking. I realize not all shops are like this, but I have seen more than one......

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #36

Liked 696 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Guess which one does has a better business. Big Box stores suck unless they have an unbeatable sale going.
....and you've done research and know exactly what you want!!
I hear you man. I go to Dick's or Gander only under 'in stock & on sale' circumstances!!... Otherwise it's Sovereign Guns in Fuquay or my personal fave, Jim's Gun Shop in Raleigh. They get to know you, do a little business with you and it's like being Norm on the TV show "Cheers" everytime you walk in!!

Old 10-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #37

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I have heard good things about Soverign. If you are in the Raleigh area Carolina Gun Runners is a pretty soild shop,,the staff are a bit smarmy but will work with you on prices. IMHO the best gunshop in the state is Midsouth Guns in Wagram 9Right on the SC boarder- 10 min off I-95). Midsouth is worth a 3 hr drive to spend the afternoon at.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #38
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3170 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101
I have heard good things about Soverign. If you are in the Raleigh area Carolina Gun Runners is a pretty soild shop,,the staff are a bit smarmy but will work with you on prices. IMHO the best gunshop in the state is Midsouth Guns in Wagram 9Right on the SC boarder- 10 min off I-95). Midsouth is worth a 3 hr drive to spend the afternoon at.
For anyone In Central & Northern Az.: one of my fists posts here was about our home Range & Shop, Copper Star In Camp Verde.
Also For collectors, OLD World Guns Also In Camp Verde, Hamilton's In Sedona, Ruff's In Flag(staff), Pawn Palace(and Guns) And Roadrunner Gunsmithing all in Cottonwood, and Double K in Preswsott Valley, And J&G & Bucky O'Neil's In Prescott are my Go To Places. One of the Guys @ Roadrunner also Is my Ammo guy whop wks. at Wally Part time...my Wally Just got a Pile of Rugers (assdt.) and Rossi's(Taurus) and they Got BOTH Circ. Judges (45LC/.410 & 22LR/22Mag.) in....maybe a little shopping today after Shooting??..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #39

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebowman446 View Post
It seems to be men who haven't grown up who are desperate for attention like a 13 year old boy.They just can't wait to tell you about THEIR opinions on weapons and how THEY handle them, clean them, etc. I liken them to contractors- nobody does work like they do and eeeeeevery one else is an idiot.
Wait....what???
My wife regularly tells me that I haven't grown up and act like a 13 year old....
I can't wait to talk about my opinions on weapons and how I handle them and clean them....
And nobody does anything like I do and I regularly say everyone else is an idiot....

I thought I was normal.....?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #40

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have had the same exact experience as you. I agree with you OP. Except I have had these types of encounters at small, in the middle of nowhere shops as well as big chain stores. Some people at each are lousy, and some people are great. An old man at a big chain store went on a racist rant that ended with calling the President a big eared baboon. Immaturity and ignorance is astounding.