My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts" - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #91
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3163 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop
Most of the gun shop employees are helpful . It is unrealistic to expect them to provide sterling advice, though . If you want to know something, read books, watch videos online, buy DVDs and surf the Web...or just ask me .

I recently witnessed an old man asking about a small gun he could carry and take to the range . The gun dealer came on with a friendly cozy monologue on how a small gun will be no fun to shoot on a range and a large one might be a better choice but won't be as concealable [ blah blah blah ] and that the customer would be wise to think it over because , " I wouldn't want to sell you something you wouldn't be happy with " .

I bit my tongue but I know that a Glock 26 is both small and shootable . I'm sure there are other such guns too. That dealer chased away a customer . I would have tried to make that man stay until he bought a Glock 26, Galco holster, a box of ammo, targets, earplugs and a book on shooting . This happened at a gun show so the dealer won't get a second visit from the old gentleman . Show's over. Dealer moved on . Sale lost. One more customer misled ...
Terrible. And very sad.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Most of the gun shop employees are helpful . It is unrealistic to expect them to provide sterling advice, though . If you want to know something, read books, watch videos online, buy DVDs and surf the Web...or just ask me .

I recently witnessed an old man asking about a small gun he could carry and take to the range . The gun dealer came on with a friendly cozy monologue on how a small gun will be no fun to shoot on a range and a large one might be a better choice but won't be as concealable [ blah blah blah ] and that the customer would be wise to think it over because , " I wouldn't want to sell you something you wouldn't be happy with " .

I bit my tongue but I know that a Glock 26 is both small and shootable . I'm sure there are other such guns too. That dealer chased away a customer . I would have tried to make that man stay until he bought a Glock 26, Galco holster, a box of ammo, targets, earplugs and a book on shooting . This happened at a gun show so the dealer won't get a second visit from the old gentleman . Show's over. Dealer moved on . Sale lost. One more customer misled ...
My Dad used to tell me "just because a guy has his name on his shirt doesn't mean he knows a damn thing". True that

I was in the local sporting goods store the other day and overheard a conversation between a customer, looking at his first AR, and the salesman. The customer asked if there was any difference between .223 and 5.56mm barrels receivers and ammo. The salesperson said "all the exact same thing" and I had to clear my throat and say "um, not necessarily, that might be a good one to research". Of course the sales person gave me the evil eye. I returned said stink eye and was happy to see the prospective buyer leave, presumably to find someone who knows something about ARs lol

Old 10-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Here in FL, we have a whole lot of strip mall "gun shops", where they'll have a half dozen Glocks in the display case and $2800 ARs hanging on the wall. You walk in the door and you'll either get a look of contempt, or you got a $1000 bill stuck to your forehead. So ok, lets try the big box sporting goods store, like BPS, where you take a number and stand there listening to total nonsense going back and forth across the counter. Sticking to private sales for the time being.