My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default My impressions of gun stores and folks who seem to be "enthusiasts"

I Began my firearm hobby about 3 months ago and I will make it clear- I'm a fan. I have been buying weapons like a nervous republican- semis. Revolvers. Etc. I took the concealed carry class in my home state. So- just to be clear. I'm a fan of firearms, the second amendment and carrying a weapon wherever I go.
That being said. I can't stand gun stores and or gun enthusiasts. It seems to be men who haven't grown up who are desperate for attention like a 13 year old boy.They just can't wait to tell you about THEIR opinions on weapons and how THEY handle them, clean them, etc. I liken them to contractors- nobody does work like they do and eeeeeevery one else is an idiot.
Example- my conceal carry class was basically this pitiful 45 year old guy bringing out his ENTIRE collection and giggling about things like-how he took an assault rifle bigger than a refrigerator to mcdonalds and how the police promptly showed up and couldn't arrest him after detaining him.
Example-folks who tend to frequent gun shops (I've been to 6 in the last two months in two states) tend to be racist. I literally stopped going to a local shop where I found semi ok prices and selection- because after the third time I stopped in the local old fat guys who commonly stand around the joint were discussing how violence and drug addiction are in certain ethnicities blood and that's why they carry a concealed weapon when they take their grand daughter to __________.
So I say loud and proud. I now shop at big chain places. I happily pay an extra 30-40 dollars for a firearm because the experience doesn't otherwise lower my opinion of this sub culture of America and I can go on pretending that we aren't exactly what democrats would make us out to be - racist, insecure morons who have no business with a weapon.
I'd like to believe That we are reasonable, capable and responsible citizens who can and will be prepared to protect anything and everything inside the borders of this country.
#vent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

So I went on this big rant and realized I was just having a reaction to interacting with folks. And I need to reword it.
What I mean is-I'm a big fan of large chain places. The employees have a corporate code of conduct, are polite, don't try to explain the kinds of people you should worry about, how THEY handle a weapon, Etc. They smile. They take my money. The end. They answer questions and are generally pleasant and do a great job. Lo

Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16511

How do you like the forum so far?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 10-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebowman446
I'd like to believe That we are reasonable, capable and responsible citizens who can and will be prepared to protect anything and everything inside the borders of this country"
You are simply just having bad experiences with these people. Most of us are not like them. Don't write off the entire society just because of some bad experiences you have had. Doing so would be no better than those whom you claim to be racist because they were "discussing how violence and drug addiction are in certain ethnicities blood and that's why they carry a concealed weapon when they take their grand daughter to __________. "

Always have clean socks.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I love Reeses Ice Cream! Hooah?

Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #6

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

I hear you and understand... But this is still a free country (so far) and they have a right to be that way (remember, there is a first amendment ahead of the one more often sighted here).... and there is no law against being bigoted (yet)... So they at the very least have to be tolerated. Their opinions are just as viable and important to them as mine are to me and yours' are to you. They probably consider themselves being helpful to a newbie when extending advice.... and more often than not, a person is unable (or unwilling) to be reflective and consider how they appear to others. The last pro-2nd rally I attended proved that to me. People showed up in camo and holding signs with the 10 commandments on them, "Impeachment", tax reform and anti-immigration/gay/abortion themes.. What any of that has to do with preservation of our rights to keep & bear.. I have no idea??

..Just like any hobby, there are many levels and sub-structures to it. There will always be someone more hardcore than the next guy. That's just the nature of the beast. The only thing you can control in life is yourself and how you react... That being said, the more you stay involved in it, the more you'll find other like-minded people and make your own "click". I myself know plenty of "enthusiast" (to quote your header)... But only hang out, shoot, hunt and trek on a regular basis with about a core of about 12 guys and gals. Of course, we always are open to new blood.... Never miss a chance to talk guns with anyone. You might even turn someone else into an "enthusiast".

Old 10-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Lol. Should have sat and had some ice cream before I ranted.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

That's the spirit!!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

eat-snickers.-you-get-angry-when-youre-hungry_332cb9_4667167.jpg  

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 10-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #10

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebowman446 View Post
Lol. Should have sat and had some ice cream before I ranted.
... everything is better with ice cream!!