my gun is a mess, help cleaning - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

my gun is a mess, help cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Originally Posted by supergus View Post
First off, welcome!
Now, I know you said you can't get to all the gunk, but most (every one that I've owned) handguns can be completely disassembled to the bare frame. Learn to detail strip it.
Pay attention to what the man says here " bare frame" some of the cleaners will EAT you grips. That's why he is saying bare frame. Read the can or bottle, if you have wooden grips they can also be damaged by some products by overnight soaking. Gun Scrubber works good, along with good old Hoppes #9. followed up when all is clean and the bore has a film of gun oil in it, with a shot of Slicker to keep the parts that are suppose to slide sliding smooth. Oh yeah welcome!

[The odds are always 50/50
Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I can only assume that you have a Walther P22. I also had problems cleaning ALL of the residue out of my P22. Any pressurized can of cleaner will work just fine. Spray it down, let it sit for a while, spray it again, then maybe a can of air to thoroughly get all the cleaner out. Then oil it REALLY well and it should be just fine. And remember, toothbrushes and Q-Tips are your friend and should be in your cleaning kit.