Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   my first revolver (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/my-first-revolver-54944/)

g17frantz 01-07-2012 03:06 AM

my first revolver

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys I did it....I bought my first revolver. A little snubby .38 Taurus 85. Ive heard nothing but good things about this revolver. I like the size and the feel of it. Picked her up brand new out the door for $300 flat. Whatcha think? Good deal? Good gun?

DodgeThis 01-07-2012 03:08 AM

Some will down on Taurus, but I've had nothing but good out of their revolvers. Looks good. Sounds like a good price. Good luck. Hope it serves you well.

g17frantz 01-07-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgeThis
Some will down on Taurus, but I've had nothing but good out of their revolvers. Looks good. Sounds like a good price. Good luck. Hope it serves you well.

Yea I hope I don't get trolled on this being a Taurus. Just wanted to share with you guys. My semi-auto Taurus 9mm I used to have functioned flawlessly the 1000+ rounds I shot through it. Ive read great reviews on the model 85 and none bad that i saw besides the trigger pull wasn't as good as an airweight s&w

Chandler51 01-07-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

Yea I hope I don't get trolled on this being a Taurus. Just wanted to share with you guys. My semi-auto Taurus 9mm I used to have functioned flawlessly the 1000+ rounds I shot through it. Ive read great reviews on the model 85 and none bad that i saw besides the trigger pull wasn't as good as an airweight s&w

Trolled on for a Taurus? Seriously?

I just spent 30 minutes reading on a Jennings thread that was rip van winkled from 2 years ago that got fairly "western" at times, but Taurus? Really?

towboater 01-07-2012 03:16 AM

Good looking revolver. Congrats on your first. I think you"ll be happy with it.

g17frantz 01-07-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandler51

Trolled on for a Taurus? Seriously?

I just spent 30 minutes reading on a Jennings thread that was rip van winkled from 2 years ago that got fairly "western" at times, but Taurus? Really?

Yea man it happens all the time

Chandler51 01-07-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

Yea man it happens all the time

Hmmm...to each their own, I guess. I have a range buddy who is a Taurus guy...has several. Has nothing but good to say about them. I've shot his 24/7 a few times and liked it just fine.

I think yours is a nice lookin' little piece...congrats & enjoy!

g17frantz 01-07-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandler51

Hmmm...to each their own, I guess. I have a range buddy who is a Taurus guy...has several. Has nothing but good to say about them. I've shot his 24/7 a few times and liked it just fine.

I think yours is a nice lookin' little piece...congrats & enjoy!

Thanks man. I had the 24/7 pro c 9mm that shot great. I think ill enjoy this one too!

Coach50 01-07-2012 04:00 AM

I think it looks great too and best of luck with it. Disregard any negative comments and enjoy it.

MrWray 01-07-2012 05:17 AM

Dang it again frantz!! Turn you loose for a little while and you go and buy a taurus!!
Just kidding brother,thats a nice clean little pistol.i wouldnt mind having one like that.