My EDC weapon choices


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My EDC weapon choices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Default My EDC weapon choices

These are the weapons I'm looking at as possible Carry weapons. Thoughts? I have handle a few of them, but have not had the chance to fire any of them. Now for those Glock fans out there, I did look at several Glocks, but they just don't feel right in my hand. Kinda sucks because I understand that they are very reliable which is what I like.


Ruger SR9c
Sig Sauer P250 Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact 9mm
Springfield XD(M) Compact 9mm (XDM9389CB or CS)
Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm (XD9801 or XD9821)



__________________
Ramlatus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Can't tell about everyone else...
I love the way a sig fits my hand. It has a high bore aaxis though, which tends to lead to more "flip"

My only thing against xd's, without ever having shot one...the trigger guard seems cramped to me.

Both are fine guns and would serve you very well.



__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

I have the Sig P250c. Beware the long trigger pull.

__________________
JigSawer40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,469
Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramlatus View Post
Ruger SR9c
Sig Sauer P250 Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact 9mm
Springfield XD(M) Compact 9mm (XDM9389CB or CS)
Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm (XD9801 or XD9821)
The Ruger and Springfields are fine choices if their size suits you. I'm a Sig fan, but haven't been the least bit impressed with the P250 line.
__________________
"The Future is Unwritten"
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mudpupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 752
Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Default

I can't say enough about the Smith & Wesson M&P.

It's my EDC and it runs through my 4 day courses shooting 600 rounds in 4 days without hiccup.

Mine has been through the course numerous times

__________________
mudpupp is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,390
Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramlatus
These are the weapons I'm looking at as possible Carry weapons. Thoughts? I have handle a few of them, but have not had the chance to fire any of them. Now for those Glock fans out there, I did look at several Glocks, but they just don't feel right in my hand. Kinda sucks because I understand that they are very reliable which is what I like.

Ruger SR9c
Sig Sauer P250 Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact 9mm
Springfield XD(M) Compact 9mm (XDM9389CB or CS)
Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm (XD9801 or XD9821)
Out of the guns you listed, i would go with the XDM
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Default

I'm a bit concerned that the Sig P250s modular design and ability to change size and such could reduce the overall performance of the weapon. Its attempt to do all jobs prevents it from doing any of them really well. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

__________________
Ramlatus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 176
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramlatus View Post
I'm a bit concerned that the Sig P250s modular design and ability to change size and such could reduce the overall performance of the weapon. Its attempt to do all jobs prevents it from doing any of them really well. Does anyone have any feedback on this?
I don't see why it can't, it is a good concept. You have three grip sizes, three frame and barrel sizes all in 9mm, 357 sig and 40sw. The 45 has certain things that works with it.

I have a P250c 40sw and I like it. I just have to work with a long trigger but they have a short trigger I can order for it.
__________________
JigSawer40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

I just don't like the muzzle-flip of shorter barrels.

Seems like a nice assortment though.

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

Ramlatus, do you feel that double stack is the way you want to go? Do you already carry or is this your first carry gun? Some people EDC a double stack, but I just can't. I sense it too much. I only carry single-stacks, personally.



__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
So many choices.... mrb1982 1911 Forum 48 12-29-2011 04:26 PM
Choices ?? curly45 General Handgun Discussion 3 12-18-2010 12:50 AM
Choices, choices, choices.... ta1588 The Club House 17 05-28-2010 04:58 AM
Choices, choices, choices.. hillbilly68 Other Weapons 7 12-25-2008 12:15 PM
More choices cnorman18 The Club House 0 08-19-2007 04:40 AM