My daughters' first guns - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My daughters' first guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Goof for you and better for your daughters. I love taking mine shooting although she drops the f-bomb alot when firing the xd40.
dscn0543.jpg  

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraywc View Post
I went to a gun show today and bought my both my daughters a gun then took them shooting. They are 16 and 13 they both loved them. They are Bersa 380 and they shoot pretty well they liked them and I think they will enjoy them. I wanted something that was inexpensive but was easy to use. It was between the Kel Tec and the Bersa and they both liked the way the Bersa felt. I also liked the fact that they had a safety.

I decided myself for the Kel Tec and my daughter which is also sixteen loves it. Now the pf9 doesn't have a safety lever, but the hammer which is inset, cannot hit the firing pin unless the trigger is completely pressed, unblocking the hammer and releasing it to hit the pin, anyways here the original sights:

If your Bersas came like my pistol with standard boring white dots, and there are not third party night sights you could try glow-on, here the keltec with glow-on applied to the original sights

Just spent a few bucks, and you can put it on any gun or rifle in fact there is enough for several weapons

Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #13

Default Did you say XD40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Goof for you and better for your daughters. I love taking mine shooting although she drops the f-bomb alot when firing the xd40.
'cause since I'm in the neighborhood i happen to have some pics from Springfield Armory XD40 with night sights, just in case, since I noticed the shooting is happening outdoors, if it should last throughout the evening you might need some of the same stuff, check this out:

Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #14

Well done; both for taking time with the girls and selection of the pistols.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #15

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
I decided myself for the Kel Tec and my daughter which is also sixteen loves it. Now the pf9 doesn't have a safety lever, but the hammer which is inset, cannot hit the firing pin unless the trigger is completely pressed, unblocking the hammer and releasing it to hit the pin, anyways here the original sights:

If your Bersas came like my pistol with standard boring white dots, and there are not third party night sights you could try glow-on, here the keltec with glow-on applied to the original sights

Just spent a few bucks, and you can put it on any gun or rifle in fact there is enough for several weapons
I just got some of that Glo-On stuff. I got it for fishing lures at first but I think it would work as well or better than the Ghost Glow stuff that I've used for a while now on about anything I want to be able to see better

Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I just got some of that Glo-On stuff. I got it for fishing lures at first but I think it would work as well or better than the Ghost Glow stuff that I've used for a while now on about anything I want to be able to see better
Please let me know how that works for you