Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My daughters' first guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My daughters' first guns

I went to a gun show today and bought my both my daughters a gun then took them shooting. They are 16 and 13 they both loved them. They are Bersa 380 and they shoot pretty well they liked them and I think they will enjoy them. I wanted something that was inexpensive but was easy to use. It was between the Kel Tec and the Bersa and they both liked the way the Bersa felt. I also liked the fact that they had a safety.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

You rock, Dad! The Bersa's are quite good.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-11-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Bersa .380's are a sleeper deal. They are excellent pistols and way better quality than the price would seem to indicate. Ya' dun good Dad.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-11-2010, 04:00 AM   #4

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Cool beans! I really enjoy the time I spend with my daughter at the range.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-11-2010, 04:23 AM   #5

Nothing is better than range time with the ol' man! Im 17 and its something I cherish every time! Good pick! Nicely done!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #6

Very nice!

Old 07-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I gave my daughter a Sig 226(9mm) for her 19th birthday. She will call me all the time asking to shoot with her and about 90% of the time we get together and empty a few boxes of ammo. It's probably the most fun shooting I have these days. She's a great shot but with her school and all she is not around as much and I"m used to her being here every day. Seems like last week I took her fishing and she caught a little catfish. She was only 4 years old then. <sigh>

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 182 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Seems like you made an investment that should pay dividends for years to come in quality time together.

You also made the right choice between Kel-Tec and Bersa. The Bersa 380/Thunder is a very solid little gun at a reasonable price. Similar Kel-Tec models are build for concealment, and that's about it. It's a gun with a very specific purpose, and not a lot of fun as a plinker. Bersas on the other hand are perfect starter platforms.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well done! Bersas .380s and .22s are their best products, much better than their 9mm, .40 or .45 handguns.

The company is run by good people who do their best to help protect what few rights Argentine gun owners still have. Our anti-gun government gives them a very hard time whenever they get a chance (I'm friend's with Bersa's factory manager). Thanks for supporting Bersa with your purchase!

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #10

Congrats on all accts.
Bersas are great guns.
And how lucky are you that your daughters like to shoot.

I have no children but I have managed to get half my brothers and sisters to go shooting and two now have their CCW and own pistolas. Which I thought would never happen.

Congrats again. Keep us updated on how they are doing.