Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My collection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

One thing I've learned in my job, in composing and receiving literally hundreds of emails a week for several years now, is that the receiver can't see facial expression, body language, or tone of voice to know what is meant by the words that are written.

This has gotten me into trouble a few times, both in the workplace and even in this forum. We should all keep in mind the fact that the written word, especially when it's hastily written, can often be misconstrued.

It's usually easy, in my limited experience with the FTF, to identify the real crackpots and they're usually taken care of pretty well by our MODs, who have a completely thankless job.

.....and that was my soapbox moment.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:17 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hi folks. I'm new here so I'll try to not muck it up. I want to strongly agree with Jubrien. I bought a CZ-75 BD about 5 years ago. Atleast 3500 rounds maybe 4000. Only had three misfires. They were all in the same mag and all Win white box.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #23
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Considering your math skills, that is about right You added up my % totals to make a rude remark You should go back and better understand what the % expressed. Let me know if you need help with a more simple explaination. I'll give you a hint... there is a mix of information and the result will not be 100%.

Hey at least your 2% cooler than me based on your math

Honestly understand the post before you try to punk a member, the lack of understanding the post and the insult to another SM. What is that about

Sean you have some explaining to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
First off, it was a joke. I meant no harm, but if thats how you took it, then I have all the confidence you'll get over it. It's just miscommunication. You meant one thing, I meant another. You got offended. It was just a joke cause the total was over 100%. No more, no less. I am aware it was intentional on your part.

edit: that's the last time I'll gunk up this thread with OT. Take it to PM if you feel the need.
I read the thread again and enjoy hummor but simply didn't see where it was a joke. Easy to "get over it" and I don't see a miscommunication. I was clear with my post and yours seemed to fairly clear. No need to PM you, this is a fine place to clear the air.

I was offended with your post and thanks for your confidence I'll get over it. As a SM I would have expected you would have added to this thread with your pistol %, instead you decided to bag on me?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ill give a run down of mine
ruger single six in 22LR/22wm
ruger 22/45
ruger 1022 x2 22lr
springfield armory 1911-A1
sig P220
sig P226
desert eagle .50AE with .44 conversion
high standard target pistol circa 1950 22lr
sig mosquito
remington 700 XCR compact tactical 308 with leupold mk4
mossberg 590 12ga
mossberg 835 12ga
colt sp1 5.56 with .45acp upper conversion
dpms panther M4 with leupold CQT
ruger SR556
winchester model 70 classic super express .458 winmag with leupold VX7
winchester M1 carbine no stock just reciever assembly and barrel and trigger group
I am new to this forum and dont know the ropes yet, but I will try to behave.
Just saw that you have a Desert Eagle and thought I would try and post a pic of mine. I am not good at math so I wont do percents%% and I hate fractions. Did you all know that 5 out of trhee people have problems with fractions? Hopefully the pic will turn out ok. I have lots more to share. From what I have seen and read, this forum is pretty good.
bills-guns-2-040.jpg  

Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have some pink guns....replica SAA 45's, a pair of 'em. Check out the matching rig and belt.....sweet!!

The rest of you just interested in plain 'ol "black and silver" guns will probably recognize most of the handguns.

20091109_3.jpg  

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.