My carry experience in Seattle. Share yours!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > My carry experience in Seattle. Share yours!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default My carry experience in Seattle. Share yours!

Thought I'd put in my two cents about my trip to Seattle and my experience with conceal carrying. We went to all the standard tourist spots like the Pike St. Market, the Space Needle, the aquarium, the boat tour of the loading docks... Mostly no issue! And most all of the shops I saw didn't have any "no-carry" signs.

The only places I couldnt carry were the Space Needle and Safeco Field, but I wouldn't wanna carry there anyway since I don't have James Bond shot placement accuracy, although I'm getting close! :P

The space needle was the most interesting; they say they don't let you carry, and it is private property so they have it posted but you have to look REALLY hard to see the sign. But their security gaurds only checked my wife's purse. I went twice, and they never said anything to me. Didn't risk getting kicked out, and I generally respect property owners' wishes, so I left it in the car both times.

The aquarium is owned and run by the city, so even you open carry guys can walk around without issue. Just talk to the manager when one of the highschool girls working there bugs out.

Overall despite some news articles about people not being gun-friendly, I'd give Seattle a 7/10. Carry on!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2014, 05:19 AM   #2

Liked 291 Times on 251 Posts

I've yet to see one of these signs anywhere other than federal and state buildings, but I stay as far away from major metropolitan areas as I can, for as long as I can.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I took my pick up into the dealer in Spokane Wa Tuesday for an oil change, as an after thought asked if I should take my "truck gun" out. Rep told me they all have a truck gun and the oil guy was an avid shooter who would not disturb the pistol. He was correct.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibmikey View Post
I took my pick up into the dealer in Spokane Wa Tuesday for an oil change, as an after thought asked if I should take my "truck gun" out. Rep told me they all have a truck gun and the oil guy was an avid shooter who would not disturb the pistol. He was correct.
While you were probably safe at that shop, I wouldn't do that... Spokane isnt a very safe city and I would trust people you don't know with YOUR gun. If one person thought about messing with it and stole it or had an accident with it, just think how much trouble you'd have to deal with.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 162

I have carried in many states and cities. I'd like to share my experiences but nothing ever happened. Boring is good sometimes.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 07-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #6

Liked 2043 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
I have carried in many states and cities. I'd like to share my experiences but nothing ever happened. Boring is good sometimes.
right there with you. John Law and I have never had a reason to discuss my conceal carry status

Old 07-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #7

Liked 99 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
right there with you. John Law and I have never had a reason to discuss my conceal carry status
I obtained my first weapons permit issued by the City of Bothell on behalf of the State of Washington in 1989.

Likewise, I have carried concealed in a number of cities in a number of states since then and it's never come up ... never came out.

I believe in the rule of concealment. If they can tell you're armed then you are doing it wrong.