Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   My carry experience in Seattle. Share yours! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/my-carry-experience-seattle-share-yours-108247/)

CBH_SR9c 06-28-2014 09:11 PM

My carry experience in Seattle. Share yours!

Thought I'd put in my two cents about my trip to Seattle and my experience with conceal carrying. We went to all the standard tourist spots like the Pike St. Market, the Space Needle, the aquarium, the boat tour of the loading docks... Mostly no issue! And most all of the shops I saw didn't have any "no-carry" signs.

The only places I couldnt carry were the Space Needle and Safeco Field, but I wouldn't wanna carry there anyway since I don't have James Bond shot placement accuracy, although I'm getting close! :P

The space needle was the most interesting; they say they don't let you carry, and it is private property so they have it posted but you have to look REALLY hard to see the sign. But their security gaurds only checked my wife's purse. I went twice, and they never said anything to me. Didn't risk getting kicked out, and I generally respect property owners' wishes, so I left it in the car both times.

The aquarium is owned and run by the city, so even you open carry guys can walk around without issue. Just talk to the manager when one of the highschool girls working there bugs out.

Overall despite some news articles about people not being gun-friendly, I'd give Seattle a 7/10. Carry on!

BeyondTheBox 07-01-2014 06:19 AM

I've yet to see one of these signs anywhere other than federal and state buildings, but I stay as far away from major metropolitan areas as I can, for as long as I can.

Ibmikey 07-02-2014 07:42 PM

I took my pick up into the dealer in Spokane Wa Tuesday for an oil change, as an after thought asked if I should take my "truck gun" out. Rep told me they all have a truck gun and the oil guy was an avid shooter who would not disturb the pistol. He was correct.

CBH_SR9c 07-02-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibmikey (Post 1598902)
I took my pick up into the dealer in Spokane Wa Tuesday for an oil change, as an after thought asked if I should take my "truck gun" out. Rep told me they all have a truck gun and the oil guy was an avid shooter who would not disturb the pistol. He was correct.

While you were probably safe at that shop, I wouldn't do that... Spokane isnt a very safe city and I would trust people you don't know with YOUR gun. If one person thought about messing with it and stole it or had an accident with it, just think how much trouble you'd have to deal with.

gr8oldguy 07-02-2014 08:47 PM

I have carried in many states and cities. I'd like to share my experiences but nothing ever happened. Boring is good sometimes.

chloeshooter 07-02-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8oldguy (Post 1598918)
I have carried in many states and cities. I'd like to share my experiences but nothing ever happened. Boring is good sometimes.

right there with you. John Law and I have never had a reason to discuss my conceal carry status

trigger643 07-03-2014 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1598922)
right there with you. John Law and I have never had a reason to discuss my conceal carry status

I obtained my first weapons permit issued by the City of Bothell on behalf of the State of Washington in 1989.

Likewise, I have carried concealed in a number of cities in a number of states since then and it's never come up ... never came out.

I believe in the rule of concealment. If they can tell you're armed then you are doing it wrong.