Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   More is better???? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/more-better-57834/)

NvRbanArms 02-16-2012 03:28 AM

More is better????

Do you think it's better to have one gun that your great with or multiple that you are good with. Handguns only. I'm trying to debate whether it's better to have more than two handguns. What do u guys think.

northhike 02-16-2012 03:39 AM

You can never have too many guns.....come on that's Guns 101. ;). I kind of put them in these classifications:

1- Lets try something new.....who knows maybe I will be great with it
2- Must own because every else does......such as .22, 45, 9mm, 357
3- If the SHTF guns
4- Somthing mama will shoot
5- Hunting
6- Ugh Ugh....this is a real mans gun...,,45, 357, 44mag
7- CC gun
8- Long range gun?...you can run but not far enough
9- Nostagic or sentimental guns.....something grandpa gave you or tied to a war like a 1911
10- Tactical/ High Tech guns.....lasers, lights, cameras, action!

winds-of-change 02-16-2012 03:59 AM

It all depends. Probably one gun that your great with but different guns have different uses. You can't hunt ducks with a .357 magnum. You can't do an adequate job of home defense with a .22. You can't conceal carry an AR15 and you can't kill a bear with a .380. So, I think it's good to be 'great' with a self defense/home defense gun but a variety of guns will give you versatility in use.

trip286 02-16-2012 04:34 AM

As Northhike said, no such thing as too many. However, I'm very fond of an old saying....

Beware the man with one gun. He probably knows how to use it.

Marlinman 02-16-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
As Northhike said, no such thing as too many. However, I'm very fond of an old saying....

Beware the man with one gun. He probably knows how to use it.

Ya unless that man is you;) just kiddin trip. Id have to say it would depend on the usage in mind. If sd-the gun you know best and are most comfy w. If hunting-same. If target shootin-what ever you feel like blowin holes w.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

DrumJunkie 02-16-2012 05:20 AM

Beware of the man with just one gun.He's probabally real good with it. That being said firearms are an addiction and I am powerless over it. If I had 500 I'd want one more. As it stands I have around 25 and I'm eyeballing a couple right now! I shoot all but one of them. The one I don't was my Dads and it's really old and not in the best of shape. So I just clean it now and then and enjoy the memories.

So get as many as you want and shot them all you can! If you don't then a puppy will be kicked:eek:. And I would not like that on my conscience.:(

Paladin201 02-16-2012 01:34 PM

I think that for CCW or other defense use, you should have one gun that you are very used to and comfortable with. You should train with that gun until using it is instinctive. Beyond that, the sky is the limit. I have guns that I've bought for no reason than I wanted to own one. And shoot them all the time. But when it comes time to go out and about, I holster one gun. I know people who choose their carry gun like their shirts. Every day they decide which one to put on. And I think that's a mistake.

vincent 02-16-2012 01:49 PM

When it comes to guns and ammo, more is ALWAYS better! I see no reason why you can't be great with ALL your guns...:cool:

Perfect practice makes perfect...

TheOldMan 02-16-2012 02:28 PM

68 guns and counting... A third of which (I think) are handguns. Everything from .22 to 500 S&W Magnum. :D

No such thing as too many IMO.

sassipantz 02-16-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 710484)
68 guns and counting... A third of which (I think) are handguns. Everything from .22 to 500 S&W Magnum. :D

No such thing as too many IMO.

Gotta agree! 50 and counting here 6 of which are handguns. Every one of them serves a special purpose depending on what your doing.