Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > model 60 lady smith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default model 60 lady smith

My question is this. There is a gunstore with a model 60 lady smith 357 mag 5 shot snub nose that i really like . It has everything I am looking for in a backup gun . But it is a lady smith would that keep you from buying it for yourself ? I am a six foot three 295 pound retired army man . but i really like this gun. your thoughts

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Is it pink?

It's a great revolver, who cares if it says Batman...

If it really bothers you, you can always have it bead blasted which is a cool finish anyway.

You can also just buy a Model 60 and get the same gun without the Lady Smith name on it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 03-03-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

The name wouldn't stop me if I liked it. Just tell everyone you like to take your lady with you.

BTW, stop by the introductions forum if you don't mind. It's a meet and greet section.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just looked at Glasshartt's Lady Smith 60-3 and it's a 38 special only. I have on occasion, mostly without Glasshartt's knowledge, carried her 60 when I wanted something really small. Great weapon and shoots like a dream. She has had this gun since probable 1989 or 90 and bought it at Ace Hardware . This woman can fall into a barrel of sh*t and come up with a diamond.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #5

Those are great revolvers. I'd buy it. Who knows, maybe your attackers might laugh at you and leave you alone, if not shoot the bastards.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
My question is this. There is a gunstore with a model 60 lady smith 357 mag 5 shot snub nose that i really like . It has everything I am looking for in a backup gun . But it is a lady smith would that keep you from buying it for yourself ? I am a six foot three 295 pound retired army man . but i really like this gun. your thoughts
Buy it!! Who gives a damn what anyone else would think but you. If it feels good in your hand and you are comfortable with it, then carry on soldier.

I don't think you would have a problem giving someone an attitude adjustment, if you really needed too.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Most of the "Ladysmith" series of handguns have more refined (tuned) triggers. They are easier to shoot well than the standard guns of the same design. The Ladysmiths were popular with officers for back up because the are pretty sweet right out of the box.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The name wouldn't bother me if I really liked/wanted the gun. Go for it. It don't sound like you'll be insecure about the name.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #9

Do what makes you happy. It doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable with the piece. If you aren't then that is one thing, but seriously, are you doubting your OWN manhood? I doubt it...

Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #10

Liked 483 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 1619

I'm with the general concensus here... If you like it, buy it. Regardless of the name or even if it is pink and has Hello Kitty on it. If it fits your hand, is easy to carry and shoots straight, purchase it.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.etsy.com/shop/customkicksbycasey