Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Mil-Comm MC25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mil-Comm MC25

I've recently started using Mil-Comm MC25 cleaner/degreaser on my guns and I have to say that so far I really like it because it is non-toxic, biodegradeable, and pretty benign. I'm really not a huge fan of strong, greasy, hazardous solvents but it seems like this product still gets the job done well. I also prefer to use several dedicated products rather than a CLP or all-in-one. The only issue I've been experiencing with this cleaner is that it seems to dry fast and/or create strange marks on the finish of the gun. It's done this on both blued and straight stainless steel. I've noticed though that it's not doing any permanent damage as if I rub hard with my finger, it wipes off. It's just something strange I've noticed.

I can't seem to find many others who've used this cleaner but I wish someone would try it or if you have already, give me your feedback. The only other downside I can think of is that it only comes in 4 ounces so I may go thru it pretty fast.

I was thinking of trying Ballistol but it's an all-in-one and I prefer to not leave a greasy coating all over everything on my guns. I like to use Mil-Comm TW25B for the areas that need to be lubricated and everything else to just be dry and clean. Anyone have any experience with Ballistol? The other thing about Ballistol that's a pain is it's hard to get my hands on, I have to order online and spend like $30.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Newest Threads