Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > might be a stupid question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

This gun has been around for awhile, it's just a toy to shoot targets with. The 22mag can't touch this. The pins are just from the matches I've been to. Most are from the 90's like the Secret Service and FBI and some Navy. I haven't been to one in a long time, mostly local and police shoots now.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #52

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygoogle
This gun has been around for awhile, it's just a toy to shoot targets with. The 22mag can't touch this. The pins are just from the matches I've been to. Most are from the 90's like the Secret Service and FBI and some Navy. I haven't been to one in a long time, mostly local and police shoots now.
Never heard of the navy passing out tridents as souvenirs. Not saying you didn't get it legitimate, just never heard of it. What match was that?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #53

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Never heard of the navy passing out tridents as souvenirs. Not saying you didn't get it legitimate, just never heard of it. What match was that?
Thats not a Seal trident, and has it ever occured to you I might be trying to be a phony UDT/Seal...LOL....but you're right and if I had a good camera so you could read the writing on all of these, you would see that they are not official badges. They all have dates ect. on them. I have some for the CIA, Federal Marshall's,BATF,FBI and more. They are all just pins with some date on the them.

Last edited by barneygoogle; 04-24-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygoogle

Thats not a Seal trident, and has it ever occured to you I might be trying to be a phony UDT/Seal....but you're right, the Navy doesn't pass them out for shooting and I'm not a Seal and I don't mean to be rude to you, but if you're writing a book on this, I would make it a mystery.
Was not implying you were claiming to be seal or udt, very possibly could have been gifted to you. please forgive the underlying suspicion, I live in a largely military area and the number of people who will claim such as me jaded alil. Btw what is it? It looks very much like a seals trident. Again not accusing just wondering.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Was not implying you were claiming to be seal or udt, very possibly could have been gifted to you. please forgive the underlying suspicion, I live in a largely military area and the number of people who will claim such as me jaded alil. Btw what is it? It looks very much like a seals trident. Again not accusing just wondering.
Got your second post, that explains it. Again no offense intended but just know how these guys feel about imposters. ( not that you made claims of that sort)

Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #56
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5691 Times on 3341 Posts
Likes Given: 4847

Holy Crap! Barneygoogle, is that a real military M6 with the .22 hornet & .410? I got to shoot one of those once, very cool for something so compact. I didn't ask about its origins or barrel length.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 04-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #57

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

To my knowledge the specs for the 5.7 round was out of the carbine. I think the handgun is more like 1800 fps, which is impressive, but it only a 40 grain bullet, the same weight bullet as a 22 long rifle or a 22 magnum. I have chronographed a 102 grain HP bullet out of my Glock 19 at 1470 fps. A 357 magnum can reach 1800 fps with a 110-grain bullet. So when you actually look at the ballistics the 5.7 is a high capacity, 22 pistol that is expensive to buy and more expensive to shoot than my 45 ACP. If someone gave me one I would be banging away for a while, but it's just not a handgun I am interested in buying. As another note, Dillon Reloading will not be making any products to support the 5.7 cartridge for reloading, as they told me they think reloading this cartridge is hazardous. I don't necessarily agree, but that's from Dillon.