Masterpiece Arms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Masterpiece Arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default Masterpiece Arms

Have any of you guys or gals owned, fired, picked up, looked at or know anything about this company? I love the MAC 10 look a like. I wanna look into getting one in a 9mm version but would like some opinions first.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Being a gun shop employee, I have handled them, but never shot one.
I don't know anything about their reliability, but I can say that
as far as ergonomics goes, they're the most uncomfortable firearm I've ever put in my hand... the feel was just awful.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #3

I have a M.P.A. Mini 9mm Defender and I love it. It is true about the grip. It is wide, but I have big hands. As far as accuracy goes, well mine has a 3 1/2" barrel, but they have longer barreled versions available as well as replacement barrels you can add. The gun itself is a simple design and very easy to maintain. I have shot well over a thousand rounds through mine without a hitch. The only thing I don't like about the gun is that the ejector tends to crimp the casings when they are expelled. If you reload then you know why this is a problem. If you are looking for a fun gun to go plinking with, then I give you the thumbs up. For home defense though.....?

Old 07-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #4

Hello, all.

I work for Masterpiece Arms, and have for the past couple of months. If anyone has any questions about our guns, I can probably answer them.

Our MAC clones are tried and true. They work, and they work great. I will agree and say that the MPA10T and MPA10SST (45mm) are big, and almost like holding a brick. The MPA30 series (full sized 9mm) is decent for people with medium to large sized hands. It's not too heavy, and not too big. In my opinion, it's borderline on being too large.

My personal favorite, and what we seem to sell the most off, is the mini 9mm. It is small, has an enjoyable kick (if you will), and isn't too tiring on the arm.

Our 380 and .32 Protector guns are pretty awesome. They look and feel amazing, although they are still in development as well as production.

We are constantly changing it's design to be best gun it can be.

All of our guns have a lifetime warranty, and if you have a Protector that isn't up-to-date, we will gladly update it with no cost to you at all.

Allen

Old 07-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

So you guys have a 460 Rowland Semi-Auto Pistol?

masterpiece-arms-460-rowland.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
So you guys have a 460 Rowland Semi-Auto Pistol?
No.

Visit our website to see the guns we make.

www.masterpiecearms.com

Old 07-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #7

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

MasterPiece Arms Introduces the New 460 Rowland Pistol

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #8

Look at the date on that link.

We don't make those, anymore, but can if special ordered.

We stopped producing them. Not many were sold. The MPA10 would be your better bet.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #9

I picked up a 9mm side cocker a few years ago because it took un-modified sten mags which I had a ton of, ok, a hundred or so, and the thing will feed and fire anything I place into it.
Stuck a green laser on top on it and once adjusted, will hit anything its pointed at out to one hundred yards.
Never had a FTF or FTE.
It works, and as a back up, 32 round mags, and the day time laser makes it a very nice package for AR backup.

You may find me dead in a ditch one day, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass!

Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I picked up a 9mm side cocker a few years ago because it took un-modified sten mags which I had a ton of, ok, a hundred or so, and the thing will feed and fire anything I place into it.
Stuck a green laser on top on it and once adjusted, will hit anything its pointed at out to one hundred yards.
Never had a FTF or FTE.
It works, and as a back up, 32 round mags, and the day time laser makes it a very nice package for AR backup.
That's awesome, man. I am glad that you have had such success with your gun! If you ever have ANY issue with it at all that you can't fix yourself, let me know and I will do my best to help you out. Remember, we have a lifetime warranty on all of our guns.