Magnum Research pistols
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Magnum Research pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Magnum Research pistols

My wife and I were looking at buying a couple of handguns and we saw an ad on tv about the baby eagle. I checked into it and they are really not that expensive. I also saw the MR series pistols and was quite intrigued especially since the lower is made by Walther. Has anyone shot either of these or know if they are good quality guns.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

An ad on TV, I didn't think that was legal. The only place I've ever seen ads for firearms were print in firearm specific magazines.

I find this very interesting! Anyway, I know very little about Mag Research guns. I like the look of the Micro Eagle in 380, nice and pocketable for concealed carry. Other than that I've never paid them much mind, too large a gun for usefulness to me.

Heard nothing but great things about them in general though. Good home defense gun I'm sure.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Most mfr's routinely advertise firearms on the Outdoor Channel.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #4

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
Most mfr's routinely advertise firearms on the Outdoor Channel.
Hmmm that's why I've never seen them. Interesting. I'd like to see then do more advertising. The more the general public becomes accustomed to seeing guns the les inclined they'll be to remain so sensitized to and ignorant of them.

I'm starting to see some of the blame for all this belongs gun control mania on the manufacturers and their stagnant and antiquated business practices. Very interesting.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I was watching TV, can't remember the channel, but there was a commercial for Henry rifles. It blew my mind seeing that in Kalifornia.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #6

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter
My wife and I were looking at buying a couple of handguns and we saw an ad on tv about the baby eagle. I checked into it and they are really not that expensive. I also saw the MR series pistols and was quite intrigued especially since the lower is made by Walther. Has anyone shot either of these or know if they are good quality guns.
I own a Baby Desert Eagle ll, all steel, large frame, chambered in 40 S&W and its the best firing gun I've ever owned. Very good for home defense because of low recoil and precision. Not good for ccw because its heavy. They do make it in compact with a polymer frame, chambered in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45. I highly recommend them.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #7

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
I own a Baby Desert Eagle ll, all steel, large frame, chambered in 40 S&W and its the best firing gun I've ever owned. Very good for home defense because of low recoil and precision. Not good for ccw because its heavy. They do make it in compact with a polymer frame, chambered in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45. I highly recommend them.

Thanks that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Already impressed with MRI"S customers service after my father in law sent an email asking about their 30/30WIN revolver and about 2 mins later already an answer from them. Looks like either an MR40 or a Baby Eagle .40 will be my everyday carry pistol. Here in Montana we have open carry so I'm not concerned about conceal carry.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #8

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter

Thanks that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Already impressed with MRI"S customers service after my father in law sent an email asking about their 30/30WIN revolver and about 2 mins later already an answer from them. Looks like either an MR40 or a Baby Eagle .40 will be my everyday carry pistol. Here in Montana we have open carry so I'm not concerned about conceal carry.
I'm sure you won't regret it. The Baby Desert Eagles are also known by their original name, Jericho 941 and they have a lot of history. They are manufactured by IWI (Israeli Weapons Industry). You can look them at www.iwi.net and you can find holsters and neat stuff at www.zahal.org.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
PGM
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
If its open carry try these
4570bfr_side1.jpg   44deserteaglewboxside1.jpg  
Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 AM   #10

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Iv'e had a couple of "baby" eagles and I thought that they were pretty good weapons. They always worked when I wanted them too.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

rickster Likes This