m&p 45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > m&p 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default m&p 45

hey guys i just purchased a m&p in the 45acp. i was wondering what laser sights/scopes you guys like yo use on these guns. i have read that these guns are really accurate but want to add a laser for fun and self defense pourpas's. i almost got the 1911 but decided for the money and use id rather get the m&p cause it fit my hand alittle better and it comes with interchangeable grips and what not. please inform me on laser and holster storage as i dont know how tough the finish if and id rather not take it off!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

CT makes a replacement back strap, which would be the most seamless way to add a laser, does add some thickness to the grip though.....I've used it on a M&P 9

Of course, you could also add a laser or light or combo product with the accessory rail

lg-660.jpg  

Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

You could try a guide rod laser. M&P LaserMax.

Don't forget a Bayonet.

Ooops, nevermind you have the 45.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #4

do you guys know what the guide rod laser runs? also has any one ran the extended mags in the mp45?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by remington7mm View Post
do you guys know what the guide rod laser runs? also has any one ran the extended mags in the mp45?
If you go to the link Shi provided you can look up the prices - they ain't cheap. Be sure you really want/need a laser as they are mainly an impulse buy for new gun folks. As for the mags - don't know that...

Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by remington7mm View Post
Website says $399.....HOWEVER, they only list 9mm ,.40 & .357 caliber's as available, so if you are really interested you probably will need to call them.....I'm not a huge fan of lasers on handguns, I think there are a bit of novelty item, but if you are going to have one I personally feel that it should be switched on with the pressure of your grip not having to flip a switch.....just my $0.02

Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I own one like the link below with the quick attach. I don't use it much, it seems cool but not all that useful. The night sights do a fine job. Keep it simple and practice often seems to work for me.

As for the mag capacity, if you can't get it gone with 10+1 ACP spend more time at the range.

I've carried this pistol for several years and find it to be complete with out additions, an attachable light is a nice tool but found that I use it rarely.

Streamlight® TLR Tactical Light and Laser/Light Combo, Red Dots & Lasers, Optics, Hunting : Cabelas.com

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #8

im going to hold off on the laser and see how i like it all stock and not all hopped up. its going to be be delivered at my ffl dealer tomarrow night and then thursday im going over there to take car of paper work and sunday she comes home! the fallowing saturday going to the range to thow a cople rounds through her. im just thinking of the possibilitys here of worst case senerio. laser would be cool little out of the budget for now and extended mags we will see just trying to find some godd upgrades and thoes were the first things that poped in my head!