Lubrication points on S&W 22A

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Lubrication points on S&W 22A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1921 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 2080

Default Lubrication points on S&W 22A

I have a SW 22A. I've fired maybe 600 rounds through it so far. I clean it after every range visit (about every 150 rounds) and lube it during reassembly. I know to lubricate the sliding parts and lightly lube the barrel. The manual also shows a little picture with two arrows pointing up in the vicinity of the slide lock and somewhere inside. Can't really tell what I'm supposed to be lubricating. I usually just hit anything that looks like it moves. But that probably overlubricates the gun.

Can anyone tell me where the lubrication points are for the S&W 22A, especially in the area near the feed ramp and trigger?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here