Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   low priced handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/low-priced-handguns-83398/)

WarrenPTstud 02-05-2013 01:36 AM

low priced handguns
 
I'm looking for a centerfire handgun. Specifications are: under $400, range of at least 20 yards and capable of taking down anything from an intruder to a coyote or deer

TexasRog 02-05-2013 01:42 AM

You're about 2 month too late. Most of the firearms dealers have raised their prices, and if you did find one, there would be no ammo to feed it. I checked at Academy and what they had was too big for conceal carry, or there was no ammo for it. I try to be pro active, rather than re active. Good luck on your search. Oh, I did see some revolvers that were reasonably priced, and by the way..they are fairly accurate...or as accurate as you are..

BeyondTheBox 02-05-2013 01:42 AM

Taking down is on you and your accuracy. At 20 yards you want a longer barrel. Is go with a full size 1911 in 45acp. Sarco has a few...

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/pistols-2.aspx

ScottA 02-05-2013 01:46 AM

357 Revolver. I saw Bud's had a Ruger GP-100 for $385... when it was in stock.

WarrenPTstud 02-05-2013 02:01 AM

I am a good shot, IMHO. 95% of the time I hit exactly where I want, the other 5% is usually rushing through rounds. Without being self-conceited I believe I could do the takedown.

WarrenPTstud 02-05-2013 02:03 AM

Is the Arcus-94 a decent gun? I saw it in the link posted above for a very decent price and read a review saying it was a deal for the price. Any comments on this??

ScottA 02-05-2013 02:06 AM

Are you sure it's "arco"?

WarrenPTstud 02-05-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1124280)
Are you sure it's "arco"?

Lol it is arcus I made a typo and went back and fixed it my bad guys

ScottA 02-05-2013 02:10 AM

I think that is one of the Hi-Power clones. I picked one up at a gun show once. I didn't really care for the feel.

WarrenPTstud 02-05-2013 02:21 AM

This will be a temporary throw around gun until I have the money for a better handgun, which I have not started looking for yet. Will be a year or so before I can get a better one


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.