Looking for ideas on a reliable pocket pistol - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Looking for ideas on a reliable pocket pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Almost every manufacture makes a compact version of their current duty size guns. What style of gun do you have confidence in already?
How large are your hands?;safety or no safeties...striker fired or not...single stack or not...one gun or one and a backup...carry method?...IWB,SOB,POCKET,CROSS,DRAW,APPENDEX, ankle?...minimum caliber...carry where,when,why?
Example:You have spent time in the military and might also be comfortable with the M9.Any Taurus based on the mid-sized proven 92 frame in 9,40,or45 might suit you for most carry if you can live with the frame mounted safety/decocker levers.It would be hard to tell the difference between a Glock or a S&W-M&P in the dark without a seeing gun dog. The Ruger SRC's are flying out the door faster than you can count them,and I have never seen anyone with small to medium hands pick up a Kahr pistol without getting a strange dreamy look on their face,usually accompanied by a quiet ooh,ahh or oh thats NIIICE! Several players are making the 1911 in micro-sized platforms and Para Ordinance can supply it in the proven LDA configuration so you don't have to carry cocked and locked.The downsized CZ's are IMHO some of the most undervalued handguns on this side of the pond. Last but not least many ranges will apply rentals to the purchase price if you're trying to buy...ask.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #22

That's some good info thanks!! Right now I carry a Glock 36, which gets the job done as a carry gun but I have been looking at the P238 and the DB380EXO

Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #23

Liked 3426 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

I'd advise to try these mini-wonders before you buy.

Shooting discomfort ranges widely from person to person,

from gun to gun...

Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #24

Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I have a Beretta Bobcat .22LR, a Bersa .380 CC that both work for pocket carry. The Beretta is my favorite get off of me gun. The LCP or LC9 are good choices also. Kahr has a few as does Sig Sauer, I would lean towards the Sig over the Kahr, just my preference.

Keep in mind anything that can snag coming out of your pocket. Check out pocket holsters for it, look for one with a mag holder built in.

I know you wanted a semi-auto but the choices in a revolver are excellent with almost the same round count.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

When I just want to throw something into a pocket, I now have a Taurus TCP. They're available in .32 ACP and .380. They are economical (relatively speaking) and I like the ergonomics. They shoot very well and are dependable. I used to have a KelTec and liked it well enough. I like the Taurus better.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #26

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

I was looking to getting my wife a tcp in 380 pink but I heard so many accounts of people saying that the pistol jams up. I love the way they look though

Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #27

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

kahr firearms owner is sun moons son. they consider america "devils gate" and they control majority of the amount of drugs and black market guns that enter our country. google it if you don't believe me. I would stay away from that company

Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #28
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3574 Times on 1970 Posts
Likes Given: 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
I have a Beretta Bobcat .22LR, a Bersa .380 CC that both work for pocket carry. The Beretta is my favorite get off of me gun. The LCP or LC9 are good choices also. Kahr has a few as does Sig Sauer, I would lean towards the Sig over the Kahr, just my preference.

Keep in mind anything that can snag coming out of your pocket. Check out pocket holsters for it, look for one with a mag holder built in.

I know you wanted a semi-auto but the choices in a revolver are excellent with almost the same round count.
I would like to know how you intend to pull a spare mag from the carry side pocket and reload with any kind of speed. Just as bad an idea as the belt holsters with the built in mag holder. The mags need to be accessible to the off hand unless you are handicapped.
The DeSantis Superfly is an excellent pocket holster. It has a cover flap that keeps the pistol from printing. It is removable and reversible.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I pocket carry the world's most reliable and accurate Kahr PM9 every day to and from work.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #30

Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I would like to know how you intend to pull a spare mag from the carry side pocket and reload with any kind of speed. Just as bad an idea as the belt holsters with the built in mag holder. The mags need to be accessible to the off hand unless you are handicapped.
The DeSantis Superfly is an excellent pocket holster. It has a cover flap that keeps the pistol from printing. It is removable and reversible.
I agree, spare mags need to be off hand. I carry my pocket gun off hand with a extra mag in the same pocket. Just in case my carry gun is either empty or broken, I can get to it while holstering the carry gun. This gives me the option of off hand or strong hand shooting, by the time a reload is needed the mags would then be off hand.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.