Looking at getting an m1911 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Looking at getting an m1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mark that is nice man that has got to be worth some bucks mine was not the red 9 , yours is the first I have seen in 15 years or better with the stock, I am sure you did serial number ck.

I had another German gun my uncle brought back I just cant remember the name something other then mauser still a big name today, it had a eagle on it and I did much research talked to experts and it was a carry pistol (small) for the Gestapo

Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #62
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Thanks guys, but I can't take credit for ownership on this one. I did some research and found it as an example of a C-96 with the stock option.

I have no doubt that this sample is worth mega-bucks!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #63

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
OK....spoil sport, it was just getting interesting, I was about to ask how long Defender had been shooting with his local Ladies Knitting Circle, humour would be extremely therapeutic as this lad takes life a little too seriously, and I so enjoy his posts..............................
GOOD humor is therapeutic, Boris. Unfortunately, your humor doesn't qualify in that category.

My local "Ladies Knitting Circle" includes retired U.S. Special Forces soldiers, law enforcement officers, several NRA certified firearms instructors, IDPA competitors, etc.

So it's safe to say that several members of my "Knitting Circle" would outshoot you rather easily---whether it be with pistols, revolvers, shotguns, assault rifles, battle rifles, machine guns etc.

Since cpttango30 likes to talk about "Richards", I hereby dub Boris as "Little Richard".

I also most certainly agree with cpttango30 that people should buy whatever 1911 they want. I have no problem with that at all.

In fact, if one reads my first post in this thread, I recommended that the OP give consideration to Kimber, Springfield and Para-Ordnance.

If RIA or Taurus are all they can afford, by all means buy one. Just don't try to tell me they're "just as good" as a Kimber, Springfield, Para, Wilson Combat etc., because I'll call them on BS like that.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
GOOD humor is therapeutic, Boris. Unfortunately, your humor doesn't qualify in that category.

My local "Ladies Knitting Circle" includes retired U.S. Special Forces soldiers, law enforcement officers, several NRA certified firearms instructors, IDPA competitors, etc.

So it's safe to say that several members of my "Knitting Circle" would outshoot you rather easily---whether it be with pistols, revolvers, shotguns, assault rifles, battle rifles, machine guns etc.

Since cpttango30 likes to talk about "Richards", I hereby dub Boris as "Little Richard".

I also most certainly agree with cpttango30 that people should buy whatever 1911 they want. I have no problem with that at all.

In fact, if one reads my first post in this thread, I recommended that the OP give consideration to Kimber, Springfield and Para-Ordnance.

If RIA or Taurus are all they can afford, by all means buy one. Just don't try to tell me they're "just as good" as a Kimber, Springfield, Para, Wilson Combat etc., because I'll call them on BS like that.
It's official, you actually really don't know anything or demonstrate anything close to humour...... Rarely has there been on this or for that any other related forum an individual as opinionated as you, with so little knowledge on the subject.

You have absolutely no idea who I am or who I associate with, or indeed my level and competence in shooting. I doubt we have ever met at Bisley, or the Spring and Autumn meetings in Switzerland, or indeed the police and military matches in Sennelager.

However if you insist that you want to change my name just call me Kissmyarse!.............................

Last edited by Boris; 10-21-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #65

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It's official, you actually really don't know anything or demonstrate anything close to humour...... Rarely has there been on this or for that any other related forum an individual as opinionated as you, with so little knowledge on the subject.

You have absolutely no idea who I am or who I associate with, or indeed my level and competence in shooting. I doubt we have ever met at Bisley, or the Spring and Autumn meetings in Switzerland, or indeed the police and military matches in Sennelager.

However if you insist that you want to change my name just call me Kissmyarse!.............................
Now, now, Boris. Calm down. Remember your (alleged) sense of humor.

It appears you can dish it out, but you can't take it. The smilies in my previous post would indicate that I was poking a little fun at you, just like you poked a little fun at me first.

All in jest, or at least so I thought. But your true colors have come shining through.

And I can say the very same thing to you that you said to me---you have NO idea who I am or who I associate with, nor MY level and competence in shooting.

The fact that you've never even fired a Kimber 1911, the world's largest manufacturer of 1911's---and the fact that you were impressed with a mediocre quality 1911 like Taurus---doesn't give one the impression that you're some renown authority on handguns.

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and ask you to provide your credentials. Here are mine:

NRA-certified Pistol Instructor
NRA-certified Range Safety Officer
Former State-certified Armed Security Officer, handgun & shotgun
Concealed Carry Permit Holder, certified with both semi-auto & revolver
Member of one of the largest private outdoor ranges in my region of the U.S.

32 years shooting experience with handguns
41 years shooting experience with long arms
Gun Book Dealer, with over 20 years on the gun show circuit in my region
Personal gun book collection of over 1000 volumes

Worked as an armorer in multiple U.S. Army units, performing preventive maintenance on U.S. Army issued handguns, rifles, machine guns and shotguns.

Provided armed physical security for multiple U.S. Army installations.

Served as a U.S. Army Squad Leader

U.S. Army Expert-----M1911A1 Pistol
U.S. Army Expert-----M16A1 Rifle
U.S. Army Expert-----M33 Hand Grenade
U.S. Army Qualified---M14 Rifle
U.S. Army Qualified---12 Gauge Pump Shotgun
U.S. Army Qualified---M60 Machine Gun
U.S. Army Qualified---M203 Grenade Launcher
U.S. Army Qualified---M79 Grenade Launcher
U.S. Army Qualified---M72 Light Anti-Tank Weapon
U.S. Army Qualified---M18 Claymore Mine

Last edited by Defender; 10-21-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #66

I do not recollect telling anyone, nor giving the impresssion I was a renouned firearms expert and I was honest enough to openly say I have never shot a Kimber, not a lot of them about here, but I still maintain that I am experienced enough to appreciate a well made pistol.

Now I am not getting into a pissing context with you but if you want a resume which is variable I will privately PM you. I am still active and I do not wish to place too much in the public domain.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #67

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Defender - Boris has been around for quite some time and he has proven himself to be very knowledgable in several fields of firearms discussions, including pistols. While he and I don't always agree, rarely actually , he isn't just talking out the side of his mouth.

There is no question that your list of credentials is impressive, and you make valid arguments in your defense of your brand of pistols over the other listed.

However - this "discussion" is getting a bit out of hand with attempts at veiled levity posing as "humor".

I would urge all of you to state your opinions about the facts at hand and leave the attempts of figuring the other person out and pigeon holing them into one category or another for another time.

Admin has been very clear about threads running off the subject at hand with more intent on personal pissing matches than answering questions on an informational basis.

Please keep the disagreements to the facts at hand.

Thank you all -

JD