Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Looking to buy a new gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

if it was me....& i had 900bucks to lay down on a handgun...i myself would buy a few used ones and still have a lil money left for ammo....there is a shop down the road from me that has a great selection of used guns ranging from sigs to glocks and whatnots....heck they have a sig p226 used for 275.00 a few "real S&W's" alloy frames 9mm & 40cal from 250 & up along with police trade in glocks for 325.00 so on and on.....but if 900bucks fell into my hands and i was only looking for one new pistol...i'd have to go with a Intratec TEC-DC9 (TEC-9) but thats just me.. good luck on your new or used purchase

Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's a question that is tough to answer--everyone will have their own opinion, and not one suggestion will be absolutely correct for you. Personally you can't go wrong with any of your choices--I have all three and enjoy each one of them. Probably my personal favorate is the HK USP--I just shoot it the best, and I definately like the safety and the slide release the best of all three. The downside is the mag release--takes a little to get used to if you're a 1911 shooter. I have a USP Compact in both 9mm and .45--love them both. Neither has ever had a single failure to feed or fire, but the same can be said for my SIG and my 92FS. The HK is the most expensive, the 92FS the cheapest. Another option would be a SIG Pro 2022--I have one and it shoots as good as the 226 at a few hundred dollars less. The 92FS is probably the most pleasant to shoot, but also the heaviest. I'd start with one of them, and as you can add the others to your collection.
Good luck!

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 01-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #13

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

If you are looking for a high cap 9mm in that price range check out the H&K P2000. The interchangeable backstrap makes it much easier to fit it to you hand than the USP. The LEM model is an OUSTANDING handgun.