Looking For Best Deals - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Looking For Best Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

if your have the budget to spend $1000+ on a pistol then i highly suggest that you steer clear of Taurus. you could always get 2 Quality pistols for $1200 bucks. do your research. Take what people tell you with a grain of salt. we have the 1911 fans the xd fans and those in between. Like everyone says rent em, hold em, shoot em, its the best way.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Well, heck, if you would like to keep it to 12 hundy or less...

There are many very well made 1911's in that price range, and many of them need no upgrading unless you want to do so. I got my Springfield Loaded 1911 for around $850. Sure it has adjustable sights, but changing those for a carry ready piece is not that much. That price range you are talking about, you can go with Kimber, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Colt...the list goes on and on. If you look at Bud's Guns, you can get a good idea of what stuff is going for. Just so you know, if you take a print out of the Bud's Guns item to a Cabela's or Gander Mountain, they will match the price.

For the Taurus, yes you can get it for around 6 bills, but you may want to have some work done to make it into something you can get for $800-1K.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #13

I use the online sites to get an idea of actual prices (vs. MSRP). My mom and pop local shop can hit those prices give or take $10-20. By the time you pay an FFL transfer, it's just as easy and cheap to order and buy it from someone you can talk to and that can help you should an issue arise.

Just my $0.02

Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

At your budget, I'd recommend a Springfield or a Colt. I'm not and never have been a Taurus fan as they have way to many QC issues. If you want a solid well equipped first 1911, it's hard to beat a Springer Loaded...

Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #15

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

COLT S/S 45ACP XSE COMMANDER : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

COLT MK IV 1911 Lightweight Commander GUNSITE : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

COLT CUSTOM BOBTAILED COMMANDER XSE : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

NEW Colt XSE Commander .45 ACP O4012XSE 45 45ACP : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I just saw this site today on another forum: RiverOfGuns.com. It's a search engine for firearms for sale on forums.

If you check out a forum that's specific to your region, you'll get an idea of what a particular gun is going for in your area. With that knowledge, you can visit your local gun shop. Your shop might even be selling on that forum, and on gunbroker.com, and at local gun shows.

One of the sites mentioned earlier is the website for the shop where I often buy guns. Sometimes their web deals are better. Sometimes they have a good deal on gunbroker.com. They go to some of the local gun shows. And if they aren't at the gun show that's going on, they run a great sale to compete with the show.

Hold as many guns as you can, and shoot as many as you can, to get an idea of what you like. Do your research. If you want a 1911, do a lot more research. Enjoy all your time shopping and researching. And then enjoy your new gun.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
I use the online sites to get an idea of actual prices (vs. MSRP). My mom and pop local shop can hit those prices give or take $10-20. By the time you pay an FFL transfer, it's just as easy and cheap to order and buy it from someone you can talk to and that can help you should an issue arise.

Just my $0.02
Add a couple of cents for me. This is the truth so help me God.

At our small shop I get calls a couple of times a week from someone wanting to FFL a new gun to us. We will not FFL in anything we can get ourselves. 9 out of 10 times I can deliver the same firearm for less money as the shipping is built into the price and so is the use of our FFL.

Support your local firearms dealer, it's the American way.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 08-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #18

I agree with ScottA. I've bought several guns from Bud's and have not been dissapointed with any purchase. Price includes delivery too!

They have great prices and service as well.