Lookin for .22 pistol - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Lookin for .22 pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 230 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I got the Ruger mklll 22/45 with the shorter 4" barrel because I needed to improve my accuracy and I wanted something to match the size of my 9mm,but don't be decieved,that short barrel will reach out and smack stuff at 100 yards no problem.It's super reliable and accurate and at $265 NIB,it makes it all even better.Note:The mklll's hate any ammo that's too flat tipped,shoots round nose or round nose hollow points just fine.
dscf9256.jpg  
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would recommend, like the others have, the Browning Buck Mark or the Ruger Mark series. Also have you considered a revolver? They're loads of fun .

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-29-2011, 01:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Going to get a 1911?

Why not get it in .22lr first?
ive thought about that but then i came to the conclusion i might as well get a conversion kit for my 1911 when i do get it so i can swap back and forth as needeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I got the Ruger mklll 22/45 with the shorter 4" barrel because I needed to improve my accuracy and I wanted something to match the size of my 9mm,but don't be decieved,that short barrel will reach out and smack stuff at 100 yards no problem.It's super reliable and accurate and at $265 NIB,it makes it all even better.Note:The mklll's hate any ammo that's too flat tipped,shoots round nose or round nose hollow points just fine.
i am seriously considering getting one of the rugers.... and now that you say that about the mkIIIs its more to consider lol. thanks for the info tho. this is the input i need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I would recommend, like the others have, the Browning Buck Mark or the Ruger Mark series. Also have you considered a revolver? They're loads of fun .
the browning is a good lookin pistol and one im really lookin at.... and i havent really considered a revolver. they are fun to shoot but i want something with a higer capacity magazine and semi auto because i dont own a larger caliber revolver right now. im sure i will get one in the future tho. my dad has a .38 revolver thats pretty fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6788 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
.Note:The mklll's hate any ammo that's too flat tipped
havent had that issue with mine. but i made a few simple mods removing the mag safety and loaded chamber indicator and also removed the internal key lock but i dont think the key lock had any effect i just detest key locks. plus i typically run it supressed which adds a bit of backpressure enhancing reliability
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
havent had that issue with mine. but i made a few simple mods removing the mag safety and loaded chamber indicator and also removed the internal key lock but i dont think the key lock had any effect i just detest key locks. plus i typically run it supressed which adds a bit of backpressure enhancing reliability
thats an interesting idea... i didnt even think of suppressing mine.... how much did that cost you and how difficult was it to make the pistol recieve a suppressor?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatt1 View Post
ive thought about that but then i came to the conclusion i might as well get a conversion kit for my 1911 when i do get it so i can swap back and forth as needeed.

i am seriously considering getting one of the rugers.... and now that you say that about the mkIIIs its more to consider lol. thanks for the info tho. this is the input i need

the browning is a good lookin pistol and one im really lookin at.... and i havent really considered a revolver. they are fun to shoot but i want something with a higer capacity magazine and semi auto because i dont own a larger caliber revolver right now. im sure i will get one in the future tho. my dad has a .38 revolver thats pretty fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate.
I was refering to a rimfire revolver like the Ruger Single Six or the Ruger Single Ten.

-Unknown

-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #17

Quote:
I was refering to a rimfire revolver like the Ruger Single Six or the Ruger Single Ten.
yea i know. but im just not a fan of revolvers. fun to shoot but to me not as practical as an auto loader. and im purchasing a .22 pistol to make myself a better shot with my current pistol, an FNP 40. any clue if an lcr is available as a rimfire?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 AM   #18

Liked 433 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 8

if you're not completely opposed to a revolver, you could check out some used H&R 22 revolvers, most were 9 (9!!!) shot & very acccurate & reliable. you can get a nice one for under $200 with a bit of looking.

i do agree with peoples mentions of the Ruger. I just picked up a Ruger Standard .22 with a so-so outside finish but excellent bore, after checking the serial number i found it was made in 1955. it still eats, shoots, & spits out anything i feed it without an issue. plus there are so many different barrel lengths & styles that it'll make your head spin

Old 07-29-2011, 02:28 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just making sure what I was refering to came across correctly . Regarding the LCR, I believe it's only chambered in .38 special and .357 magnum.

-Unknown

-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Just making sure what I was refering to came across correctly . Regarding the LCR, I believe it's only chambered in .38 special and .357 magnum.
yep i gotcha. the lcr does only come in 38 or 357. i like that it is hammerless tho.