Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Long term storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

For those who think you do not need a firearm in the Bathroom.

Woman shoots knife-wielding intruder in Gwinnett

The incident happened about 6:30 a.m. at a home in the 2800 block of East Mount Tabor Circle.

Gwinnett police Cpl. Edwin Ritter told the AJC that the woman, who is in her late 40s or early 50s, was getting out of the shower when the intruder, who she did not know, turned out the lights and attacked her.

She fell back into the shower, injuring her back, and attempted to fight the man off with the shower rod, Ritter said.
"She was telling him that she has money and please don’t hurt her," Ritter said.
"He forced her into her bedroom," Ritter said. "Once inside the bedroom, she retrieved a .22-caliber pistol and shot him several times."
The suspect, who was in his 20s, collapsed outside the house. He was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where he died.
The victim was taken to Duluth Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries, according to Ritter.
He said the woman would not likely be charged in the incident.
"She responded to the deadly threat with deadly force," Ritter said.
"That’s awesome that she had something to protect herself with,” neighbor Michelle Church said.

More here:

Woman shoots knife-wielding intruder in Gwinnett *| ajc.com

Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Just got an update from the Sportsmans Guide and they have a Foodsaver on sale.

Foodsaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer, Food & Food Prep, Food Saver at Sportsman's Guide

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

The vacuum bag idea has crossed my mind in the past, and it's something I expect I'll eventually add as finances and priorities allow. At $50 I just might jump on one this week. Still being relatively new to firearms (2 years, 10 firearms) I jump on whatever is readily available to the average cheap SOB.

This is neither as nifty nor as efficient as the vacuum bags, but is something that crosses almost everyone's path. You know those Christmas themed popcorn tins you can pick up in-season for $5-10? Well, they're surprisingly easy to clean out and I just throw in a couple of those silica gel packets and use them to store ammo such as premium ($1 or so per rd) rifle rounds. They're basically airtight.

Plus, if you're lucky, you can land some classic "A Christmas Story" artwork in the process...