Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Lockup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Default Lockup

Can someone tell me (detailed description) how to check barrel to slide lockup on a Sig. I have no clue what to look for and how to do it. And also do sigs have a lot of horizontal and vertical play in their slides? Mine does. And when I rack and lock the slide back should I be able to wiggle the recoil rod as it sticks out the muzzle end. I can wiggle it a lot and it even moves the slide up and down when I move the recoil rod up and down. I just want to know because it was a CPO sig that I bought a little over 2 months ago and need to know if I got screwed on the deal. If so, then I'm gonna sell it. I hate to part with it though because I love how it looks. It's a sig P226 elite. Oh yeah and one other thing. There's only one location of the serial number on it. That is on the frame. Is that normal? Usually they put the serial number on the slide and barrel too right?????

spit hell fire

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

If the gun functions properly and hits what you point it at, don't worry about it. Sigs are known for having some rattle in them.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #3

Any more people have any input on any of the questions I asked??

spit hell fire

Old 03-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default problem

Should it turn out that there's a problem, you would knowingly sell a defective firearm to an innocent buyer?

Old 03-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

pics would be helpful

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #6

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffxc
Should it turn out that there's a problem, you would knowingly sell a defective firearm to an innocent buyer?
I have an FNP-45 that has the tip of the ejector pin broke off,even so it only malfunctions when grossly limp-wristed... But now tends to fling brass back in my face one or two shots every mag. I've had an offer or two to buy it even with the broken tip off the ejector,but i just can't bring myself to sell a gun that I know for a fact has something wrong with it no matter how small. One of these days I'll send it back to FNH and then sell it with a clear conscience

---Shoot To Thrill---

Last edited by Jstrong; 03-31-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

i pulled my p220 out of the safe. its the same design as the p226 just a different caliber. the guide rod is flush serial number only on the frame. very little rattle or slop. its got "45 auto" on the side of the chamber in sig's font. its got made in germany on one side of the slide and exeter nh the import location on the other. mine is a 1994ish model.

hope that helps

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #8

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
Any more people have any input on any of the questions I asked??
The problem you have is that you asked too many questions at one time for the small minds who troll the internet to stay concentrated. Try breaking the questions down and number them so the little minds can keep focus.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #9

Just to put it out there. I would notify the person of the play in the slide and when it's racked and locked back that u can move the guide rod up/down left/right. I wouldn't not tell them about that because I don't rip ppl off. Other than that. It ejects fine, fires fine, feeds fine. Had problems at first but called sig and they sent me new mags and that fixed the feeding issue.

spit hell fire

Old 03-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #10

How do u check barrel to slide fit isy number one question. That's what I really want to know. And thanks Jon for explaining yours to me. My guide rod is flush with the slide shut too. I just wanted to know if yours is able to be moved around with the slide locked back. Lock back the slide then take your thumb and forefinger and try to move the tip of the guide rod up down left right. Does it move and does it somewhat move the slide up and down when u do that? Thanks.

spit hell fire