Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Locked bedroom door no good for me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
The first officer you talk with will most likely be a uniform patrolman. Tell him / her something like; The guy broke into my house and would not leave when I told him to. I yelled that I had a gun and he kept coming toward me, (or my child) and yelled "F**k you" when I told him to leave. I became in fear of my (my child's) immediate death, and shot at him to stop him from hurting me (my child). [/COLOR]
Why would you even say that much?? Don't say anything but "I want my lawyer"!!!! Remeber..........EVERYTHING you say can AND WILL BE used against you in a court of law.
Don't tell them anything.

Quote:
Every officer you talk to will later write a report of your statement. Human memories being what they are, all of the reports may not accurately reflect your statement. In most cases, this will be the first actual shooting they've ever responded to. Don't trust their memories. That doesn't mean they are out to screw you, but they too may be scared and confused

Which is why you don't twll them anything. Not even what you said above.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:58 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Castle defense or not, you have to protect your family. I agree with doing all you can so the bad guy picks a easier targert (motion lights, security system and a good dog). I have all of those. With that expressed if a bad guy comes into my house I'm not going to announce that I'm armed (then he/they will know where I am). My home is fair sized and all on one floor. My son's and daughter's rooms are before mine so a threat would be in there rooms before mine. So I'm going to the threat, I might have a bit more experience but even with little training the goal is the same. Identify the threat and remove it.

I stress on identifing the threat...know for certain that isn't someone that should be in you house and with your firearm aimed at center mass ask once for them to get down or you will fire, if they do anything less than that then fire. After, all you say to LEO is you shot an intruder and you need legal councile before you say more.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh21586 View Post
Why would you even say that much?? Don't say anything but "I want my lawyer"!!!! Remeber..........EVERYTHING you say can AND WILL BE used against you in a court of law.
Don't tell them anything.

Which is why you don't twll them anything. Not even what you said above.
You have the right to remain silent... politely exercise it.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
You have the right to remain silent... politely exercise it.
Those damn slimy lawyers got people (including people defending their homes) that right. Its not, technically, spelled out in the Constitution. It took a Court case to get that for you. Before 1967, a beaten confession was a good confession.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #15

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6

I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE