Loaded firearms - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Loaded firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
How many loaded firearms do you have in your home and auto?
I have at least one in each room of my house including 4 bathrooms. I have three in my bedroom, a colt 45 beside my bed and another one in my bath and a 12 gauge spas under my bed. I keep a Colt cobra 38 cal in my wifes car and a Colt mustang in mine and a colt 45 in my truck and my daughters have 380's in there cars, and we all have concealed carry permits. I have an ADT security system in my home and an electronic security system (cameras included) around my property with an invisable fence containing a trained German shepherd guard dog.
We don't get very many visitors.
I use to be like that but children running around the house now have changed that. I keep me 12GA loaded and a couple of handguns in condition 1 and they are locked away in my gun cabinet. I'm looking forward to the day I can keep a couple around the house.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #22
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
OP, is that really necessary? If you live in that crappy of a neighborhood, you have to move.

Really? You need a loaded gun to take a ****? LOL No offense intended........
Does NOT matter what "kind" of neighborhood you live in, Crime can happen ANYWHERE. ESPECIALLY in an upscale 'hood...where do you think scumbags do their "shopping"?

All three of my handguns are loaded and in "strategic" places in my house. (one always on me, wether i am on my "thinking chair doing my daily doody or in the shower) All easily accessible to any and all that reside here. If folks want to question me having kids in the house...check out some of the videos i have posted of my youngest in action. Be assured EVERYONE in this house is as good or better with the shootin' irons!

Scumballs kick in my door looking for an easy score, i will lay heavy odds their days will go from bad to worse in a QUICK way!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #23

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive learned alot of things in my lifetime, one of them is that a BG doesnt care what you are doing and when or where you are doing it. Violent crime happens in churches, at funerals,at weddings,in hospitals,on christmas,thanksgiving,and the list is endless. Call it paranoid if you want but i want to be ready whenever the SHTF, no matter where im at.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.
Never underestimate the effectiveness of a revolver's grip (especially if it is a big revolver). The trigger guard makes a great handle and the grip is about like a hammer. Very painful to be hit with. Of course, lead is more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Ive learned alot of things in my lifetime, one of them is that a BG doesnt care what you are doing and when or where you are doing it. Violent crime happens in churches, at funerals,at weddings,in hospitals,on christmas,thanksgiving,and the list is endless. Call it paranoid if you want but i want to be ready whenever the SHTF, no matter where im at.
Ain't that the truth.

I don't keep my guns loaded right now, but I do have a sxs with ammo close by, a very heavy crowbar under the bed, and a large hunting knife in the closet. The reason I don't keep the shotty loaded is because it is one of those old exposed hammer shotguns (the only gun I have at my house currently). If it was loaded, I'd probably accidently hit one of the hammers while digging through my closet and either blow a hole in the ceiling, or my head. When I turn 21, I will probably go buy a .357 or a .44 magnum revolver and keep that next to my bed. I probably buy a better sd gun soon too.

I also have a very long list of guns I intend to get (over time) so this will be what my study will look like some day.
gunroom.jpg   image0072.jpg  

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-07-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #25
Jay

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts

At home ... carry. Hidden guns all over the house can be a bonanza for the petty thief who breaks in while you're gone, or they're an accident waiting to happen. An electric fence is great for a non-aggressive dog. I've seen many large dogs breach electric fences..... the legal consequences of such a breach can be overwhelming. Loaded guns in the safe? Why? By the time you get the safe open, you're toast.

While some proposals really sound tactical, tough, and type "A"... hopefully, all they will be is bluster. Having to exercise a tactical plan does NOT go down as hollywood scripts it.

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
At home ... carry. Hidden guns all over the house can be a bonanza for the petty thief who breaks in while you're gone, or they're an accident waiting to happen. An electric fence is great for a non-aggressive dog. I've seen many large dogs breach electric fences..... the legal consequences of such a breach can be overwhelming. Loaded guns in the safe? Why? By the time you get the safe open, you're toast.

While some proposals really sound tactical, tough, and type "A"... hopefully, all they will be is bluster. Having to exercise a tactical plan does NOT go down as hollywood scripts it.
.................................................. ................Thanks for the info:

Last edited by chewchew; 11-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #27
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Just my CCW, which I put on the nightstand at bedtime.

I have an 85 pound american bulldog and I lack a strong sense of paranoia. Having one in every room seems... uh... overkill. Only time I'd carry a firearm to the latrine in the middle of the night is if I was in the witness protection program.

Organize your firearms, ammo, accessories and more!

http://MyGunDB.com -- Grab your free copy today!

Old 11-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #28
STW

Carry gun is always loaded. If my pants are on then so is my gun. We have a gun vault in the bedroom that has one loaded revolver. The vault is open at night. Everything else is locked in the safe. I can control things when I'm home but I am also responsible for what happens when I'm not home. I don't know who may be visiting my wife when I'm gone and what kids they may have along. In the unlikely event I need a gun in the safe and have the time to open it there is a loaded magazine or speed loader there for every hand gun except the single action revolvers.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Yes, that point shud have come up sooner- Myself no kids
I have kids, so only one, the wife's revolver, is loaded. My 1911 has loaded
mags next to it but not in it. Everything else is in the weapons locker and
unloaded.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #30

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I keep a loaded mag in both my .380 and my .45 ACP. The .45 is loaded with hollow points, but there is not one in the chamber. The .380 is chambered. Both are bedside, the .45 for me and the .380 for my wife. I also have a large hunting knife at my bedside as well as my desk down the hall, and will have a tactical 12ga. soon.

IMHO, having two paranoid dogs trumps needing a loaded weapon in every room. They go off LONG before anyone can come close to getting into the house, giving me plenty of time to load any weapon, and for that matter, order a pizza, before the BG drops.

12FRETTER