Loaded firearms - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Loaded firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

One on me & sometimes a back up in the night table by the bed. The others are loaded, but in the fire safe. If we have to evacuate in a hurry because of fire danger, won't have time to gather them all up.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #12

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

OP, is that really necessary? If you live in that crappy of a neighborhood, you have to move.

Quote:
If I have to go to the head at night I have a gun in my hand.
Really? You need a loaded gun to take a ****? LOL No offense intended........

Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

There've been several home invasions within a few blocks of my home in the last few weeks. Not crack houses, just old people who may have prescription drugs in the house. I'm an old guy, diabetic, had a stroke in June. I have pretty well recovered, but take 4 shots of Insulin and several pills per day to keep me functional enough to have a job and go to church. I own my home, and live in a decent neighborhood. I don't think they'd be after the Insulin, but I'm visibly an old geezer who walks kinda slow, and may be considered an easy target. A few nights ago, when I came home from work, it was dark, and I passed 2 sherrif deputie's cars using there spotlights and driving slowly thru the neighborhood. After I pulled into my garage and was getting out of my car, a young man, maybe 18-20 yrs old popped into my garage and demanded that I give him a ride out of the neighborhood. I got out my cell phone and dialed 911. The guy and I were both lucky that he decided to do a disappearing act instead of pursuing the issue. I looked down the street and there were 3 of them hightailing it away. So, yes I'm paranoid.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Every gun is loaded even when they are empty. 1st safety rule.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #15

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

the one on my hip is loaded 24/7, and it doesn't have mag springs to be needlessly worried about (I know it doesn't hurt to keep them loaded, but people worry about that anyway). The only time it gets unloaded is for cleaning. I have no need to have multiple loaded guns in each room, because when I enter a room, I carry it with me. My rifle does not stay loaded, as it's not really suitable for HD IMO, MN 91/30.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #16

I also only have 1 loaded gun and it is on my side at all time, except when I am sleeping. Then it is on my nightstand, still loaded.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #17

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I also only have 1 loaded gun and it is on my side at all time, except when I am sleeping. Then it is on my nightstand, still loaded.
In addition, when wearing my crown and sitting on the throne, it's around my ankles with the rest of my pants. When showering, it's on top of the toilet tank (which has a handy dandy non slip pad for the wifey's WC decorations).

Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #18

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My EDC weapon stays loaded and so does a handgun that I keep on me when I'm home but all others are usually unloaded and put away.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Old 11-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
OP, is that really necessary? If you live in that crappy of a neighborhood, you have to move.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................Pendleton, South Carolina....................................
I thought that name sounded familiar. I was traveling from Charlotte N C to Atlanta Ga on interstate 85 about 2300 when I stopped at the rest area in Pendleton. While in my stall, I noticed a head looking under my stall. Very carfully I kicked him in the teeth and he ran outside an dissappeared.
Three days later I stopped at the northbound rest area in Pendleton about 1600 and sitting outside in a car with long stringy hair and a busted mouth was guess who......So yes...if you live in Pendelton, you might want to take a gun to the head.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
There've been several home invasions within a few blocks of my home in the last few weeks. Not crack houses, just old people who may have prescription drugs in the house. I'm an old guy, diabetic, had a stroke in June. I have pretty well recovered, but take 4 shots of Insulin and several pills per day to keep me functional enough to have a job and go to church. I own my home, and live in a decent neighborhood. I don't think they'd be after the Insulin, but I'm visibly an old geezer who walks kinda slow, and may be considered an easy target. A few nights ago, when I came home from work, it was dark, and I passed 2 sherrif deputie's cars using there spotlights and driving slowly thru the neighborhood. After I pulled into my garage and was getting out of my car, a young man, maybe 18-20 yrs old popped into my garage and demanded that I give him a ride out of the neighborhood. I got out my cell phone and dialed 911. The guy and I were both lucky that he decided to do a disappearing act instead of pursuing the issue. I looked down the street and there were 3 of them hightailing it away. So, yes I'm paranoid.
Wow, I would carry it to the bathroom, too...