Loaded firearms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Loaded firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Loaded firearms

How many loaded firearms do you have in your home and auto?
I have at least one in each room of my house including 4 bathrooms. I have three in my bedroom, a colt 45 beside my bed and another one in my bath and a 12 gauge spas under my bed. I keep a Colt cobra 38 cal in my wifes car and a Colt mustang in mine and a colt 45 in my truck and my daughters have 380's in there cars, and we all have concealed carry permits. I have an ADT security system in my home and an electronic security system (cameras included) around my property with an invisable fence containing a trained German shepherd guard dog.
We don't get very many visitors.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #2

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
I have at least one in each room of my house including 4 bathrooms. I have three in my bedroom, a colt 45 beside my bed and another one in my bath and a 12 gauge spas under my bed. I keep a Colt cobra 38 cal in my wifes car and a Colt mustang in mine and a colt 45 in my truck and my daughters have 380's in there cars, and we all have concealed carry permits. I have an ADT security system in my home and an electronic security system (cameras included) around my property with an invisable fence containing a trained German shepherd guard dog.
I bet not LOL.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #3

All the guns are always loaded (unless being cleaned) around my house. Even the ones in the safes.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I thought about the gun in every room thing, but decided against it, because it is just as easy for a burglar to find one of them as it is for him/her/it to find silverware or other stuff to steal. I decided to keep a shotgun in my bedroom, and a handgun on my person in a holster or a pocket when I am home, as well as when I go out. If I have to go to the head at night I have a gun in my hand. It is better to have a single gun immediately available than to have one stashed in the room. You may be 15 feet away from the hiding place when you discover a perp right behind you. "Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me".

Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #5

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I only own 8 modern firearms-
8 of them are loaded

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #6

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I keep two loaded shotguns in the house, my hd shotgun in the closet (pardner pump with top folder loaded with 00 buck) and my 870 express in the safe.

Also got a loaded bersa .380 in the kitchen/living room area and a .45 on me or in the truck

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #7

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

All my firearms are kept loaded except for my Arisaka Type 38, Springfield Trapdoor, Mosin Nagant M91/30, and Lee Enfield. That includes my SR9c, Springfield 1911A1 Mil-Spec, Remington Sportsman 58, Winchester Model 1894, and my Grandfather's .22 revolver.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
This reminds me of Jeff Coopers home in Paulden, Arizona.....guns everywhere and all were loaded!!

Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #10

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
HTML Code:
[B]Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. [/B]
If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.
Yes, that point shud have come up sooner- Myself no kids

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET