Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Loaded firearms (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/loaded-firearms-51248/)

chewchew 11-06-2011 01:29 PM

Loaded firearms

How many loaded firearms do you have in your home and auto?
I have at least one in each room of my house including 4 bathrooms. I have three in my bedroom, a colt 45 beside my bed and another one in my bath and a 12 gauge spas under my bed. I keep a Colt cobra 38 cal in my wifes car and a Colt mustang in mine and a colt 45 in my truck and my daughters have 380's in there cars, and we all have concealed carry permits. I have an ADT security system in my home and an electronic security system (cameras included) around my property with an invisable fence containing a trained German shepherd guard dog.
We don't get very many visitors.

JD1969 11-06-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewchew (Post 620588)
I have at least one in each room of my house including 4 bathrooms. I have three in my bedroom, a colt 45 beside my bed and another one in my bath and a 12 gauge spas under my bed. I keep a Colt cobra 38 cal in my wifes car and a Colt mustang in mine and a colt 45 in my truck and my daughters have 380's in there cars, and we all have concealed carry permits. I have an ADT security system in my home and an electronic security system (cameras included) around my property with an invisable fence containing a trained German shepherd guard dog.

I bet not LOL.

homedefender 11-06-2011 01:38 PM

All the guns are always loaded (unless being cleaned) around my house. Even the ones in the safes.

AIKIJUTSU 11-06-2011 01:44 PM

I thought about the gun in every room thing, but decided against it, because it is just as easy for a burglar to find one of them as it is for him/her/it to find silverware or other stuff to steal. I decided to keep a shotgun in my bedroom, and a handgun on my person in a holster or a pocket when I am home, as well as when I go out. If I have to go to the head at night I have a gun in my hand. It is better to have a single gun immediately available than to have one stashed in the room. You may be 15 feet away from the hiding place when you discover a perp right behind you. "Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me". :D

HOSSFLY 11-06-2011 01:52 PM

I only own 8 modern firearms-
8 of them are loaded :rolleyes:

dragunovsks 11-06-2011 02:45 PM

I keep two loaded shotguns in the house, my hd shotgun in the closet (pardner pump with top folder loaded with 00 buck) and my 870 express in the safe.

Also got a loaded bersa .380 in the kitchen/living room area and a .45 on me or in the truck

hiwall 11-06-2011 02:56 PM

Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.

Firearms4ever 11-06-2011 03:08 PM

All my firearms are kept loaded except for my Arisaka Type 38, Springfield Trapdoor, Mosin Nagant M91/30, and Lee Enfield. That includes my SR9c, Springfield 1911A1 Mil-Spec, Remington Sportsman 58, Winchester Model 1894, and my Grandfather's .22 revolver.

EagleSix 11-06-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewchew (Post 620588)

This reminds me of Jeff Coopers home in Paulden, Arizona.....guns everywhere and all were loaded!!

HOSSFLY 11-06-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall (Post 620671)
HTML Code:

[B]Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. [/B]
If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.

Yes, that point shud have come up sooner- Myself no kids :rolleyes: