living off their laurels?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > living off their laurels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default living off their laurels?

I see alot of gun makers like Walther, Beretta, CZ, and SIG. These were once Europe's finest gun makers.

Most if not all these makers now make their guns in the U.S. Now, is it coincidence that some of these gun makers have seen a decline in quality?

I remember when a person would tarred and feathered for even THINKING something bad about SIG. Walther's PPK .380 IMHO one of the sweetest looking guns ever and a German favorite. But I have been told to get in a car and drive as fast as I can to the next county line if I see a Walther PPK made by S&W for sale. And for SIG, they have come under crazy bad reviews on some forums. For example, I was also told to defect to soviet russia if I were to even consider buying a SIG P250. I have read they fall part simply removing it from the box! As for Beretta, Italian made pieces are readily available. Not sure on the CZ

Kimber, another well known name has seen a lot of rusting on their high dollar guns.

What gives? Do your job and make good guns already!

I would say right now, Ruger and Glock seem to be riding highest in quality and CS.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 AM   #2

Agree that Kimber is really disappointing lately. The Solo is having major malfunctions.

My blog - I sell nothing don't worry.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I don't know about CZ, haven't heard any bad reviews on them ever

I do agree about the rest of the manufacturers you mentioned, but it's not just gun makers that are declining in quality. Porter Cable, once one of the finest makers of electric power tools is now owned by Black and Decker, ever since then there has been an obvious decline in quality and customer service.

Be it a gun manufacturer, power tool manufacturer, or whatever, the decline in quality just comes down to greed. Make it cheaper to build but charge the same high price= more money in their pockets. It is truly disgusting.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:08 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow you said a mouthfull with out saying much!

SIG P250. I have read they fall part simply removing it from the box Where did you get that from?

I have been told to get in a car and drive as fast as I can to the next county line if I see a Walther PPK made by S&W for sale.
What kind of car do you drive, how fast are your driving to the county line (that would be insightfull)...no idea what you are expressing.

I was also told to defect to soviet russia if I were to even consider buying a SIG P250. I don't think you would have to defect you can just book a flight..... take some pictures as I've never been there

Just gun bashing? you made no reasonable first hand accounts for your thoughts. Please take a few and gather your thoughts based on personal experience or objective information.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 06-01-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

...and your point is? How about some actual facts rather than a semi-rant?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

While you're researching your data, how about taking a moment to introduce yourself to the nice folks in the New Member Introductions?l

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #7

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I see alot of gun makers like Walther, Beretta, CZ, and SIG. These were once Europe's finest gun makers.

Most if not all these makers now make their guns in the U.S. Now, is it coincidence that some of these gun makers have seen a decline in quality?

I remember when a person would tarred and feathered for even THINKING something bad about SIG. Walther's PPK .380 IMHO one of the sweetest looking guns ever and a German favorite. But I have been told to get in a car and drive as fast as I can to the next county line if I see a Walther PPK made by S&W for sale. And for SIG, they have come under crazy bad reviews on some forums. For example, I was also told to defect to soviet russia if I were to even consider buying a SIG P250. I have read they fall part simply removing it from the box! As for Beretta, Italian made pieces are readily available. Not sure on the CZ

Kimber, another well known name has seen a lot of rusting on their high dollar guns.

I would say right now, Ruger and Glock seem to be riding highest in quality and CS.
WOW it is not very often someone sees so much unfounded heresay and bad rumors all glued together into one post. With the current anti-gun lawyer loving climate if SIG put together a gun that fell apart when you take it out of the box they would be sued out of existence. If the rest of those manufacturers were putting out the junk you speak off they would all be out of business.

Reality is that gun purchases are at an all time high and shooters have never seen this level of variety/quality in firearms, ammunition and accessories.

Please check your facts before repeating the rumors you've heard in places/forums frequented by the uneducated and inexperienced. It is embarassing to try to pass them off as facts in front of a crew of knowleable folks.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #8

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I have a Kimber and it had a spot of rust only because I didn't coat it with oil properly before storage.

I'm going to agree with the other guys here Wambli, CA357, WDB.

Are there poorer quality firearms on the market. Sure there is they are trying to make guns that fit everyone budget. Because not just the rich deserve to own firearms in the USA. If you dislike it here so much I hear they are taking applications in Iraq or Iran. I heard North Korea is looking for Ex Americans as well.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post

I had a Sig that was good quality, I simply didn't like it for whatever reason so I sold it. Therefore your rumor there has been put to rest.

I have had two Kimber's and NO rust, again, put to rest.

My CZ SP 01 Tactical is a great gun. Couldn't be happier with it unless it had a straight pull trigger design. Why did you mention CZ?

Haven't you heard all the crap about the LC9 and LCP? What about the LCR having issues with +p? I read that somewhere so they must be pure crap too!!

All I have for you is this......

Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #10

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I have a Kimber and it had a spot of rust only because I didn't coat it with oil properly before storage.

I'm going to agree with the other guys here Wambli, CA357, WDB.

Are there poorer quality firearms on the market. Sure there is they are trying to make guns that fit everyone budget. Because not just the rich deserve to own firearms in the USA. If you dislike it here so much I hear they are taking applications in Iraq or Iran. I heard North Korea is looking for Ex Americans as well.

If I "disliked" this country so much like you accuse, me and family wouldn't have defended Her during Korea/Vietnam my dad and myself active duty 89-94 Desert Shield/Storm. Instead of hiding behind the constitution we defended it and its beliefs. What about you? what have you done other than make awful thread responses.

I sometime wonder why good men even bother defending the people of this country any longer.