Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   A list of all my guns, their names & pictures (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/list-all-my-guns-their-names-pictures-96722/)

bikerlbf406 09-08-2013 04:18 AM

A list of all my guns, their names & pictures

4 Attachment(s)
First off, I name all of my guns, and they are spanish for something related to the gun itself. Here is a list of all my firearms, their names and a few pictures of all the guns together as a group. This is in the order I bought them.

Desy - short for Desmyn - spanish for bad behavior - Glock 22 .40 S&W
Ases - short for Asesino - spanish for slayer - Remington 1911 R1S .45 ACP
Cat - short for Recatar - spanish for hide - Ruger LCP .380 ACP
Auge - short for El Auge - spanish for boom - Mossberg 500C 20 Gauge
Pot - short for Potro - spanish for pony - Colt Model N 1908 (made in 1920) .25 Auto
Serpent - short for La Serpiente - spanish for Snake - Cobra FS380CB .380 ACP
Mary - short for Mariah - spanish name of the western wind - Winchester 1400 MKII 12 Gauge
Big T - short for El Toro - Spanish for bull, which is astrological sign for Taurus - Taurus PT25 .25 Auto

In all pictures, the guns are in the following order from Top to Bottom and from Left to Right is my Mossberg 500, Winchester 1400, Glock 22, Remington 1911, Ruger LCP, Colt 1908, Cobra FS380, and Taurus PT-25.

JW357 09-08-2013 06:00 AM

Why Spanish?

bikerlbf406 09-08-2013 06:27 AM

I honestly can't answer that.......I was undecided what to name my guns and I decided to see what spanish words their was to represent my first 2 guns......and liked what i saw, so I decided to keep with the trend.......so no special reasoning of going for Spanish names

JW357 09-08-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerlbf406
I honestly can't answer that.......I was undecided what to name my guns and I decided to see what spanish words their was to represent my first 2 guns......and liked what i saw, so I decided to keep with the trend.......so no special reasoning of going for Spanish names

Can't fault ya for that.

Well it looks like you're trying to build up your collection (as am I), so that's cool.

Just remember, sometimes its worth holding out a little while longer and saving up to spend a little bit more money to get the gun that's justright .

jarhead0881 09-08-2013 06:34 AM

Nice collection! I noticed a lack of revolvers though. A good J-frame or K-frame Smith would round out your collection nicely! How do you like that little Taurus .25? My LGS has 2 for sale and I've contemplated getting one for those days that I don't carry IWB. Being in the South, there's a lot of t-shirt and shorts days.

JW357 09-08-2013 06:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarhead0881
Nice collection! I noticed a lack of revolvers though. A good J-frame or K-frame Smith would round out your collection nicely! How do you like that little Taurus .25? My LGS has 2 for sale and I've contemplated getting one for those days that I don't carry IWB. Being in the South, there's a lot of t-shirt and shorts days.

Yup, + about a billion on the wheel gun suggestion.

Take the plunge, the waters fine.

Attachment 117569

Attachment 117570

bikerlbf406 09-08-2013 07:13 AM

As far as how I like the Taurus, I can't really answer that as I just picked it up less then 24 hours ago and haven't had it to a range yet. I have looked at revolvers but never found one I like in my price range. I wasn't even looking for a gun when I bought the Taurus, I just happened to find it when picking up a gun for my Uncle, and fell in love with it. There's a couple guns I'd like to add to my collection but will have to wait til I can afford them. I probably won't be buying no more guns for a while, unless something comes out of the blue unexpectedly. I do plan to have me an AR-15 or similar rifle as well as a Revolver, I'm thinking .357 magnum or .44 magnum

jarhead0881 09-08-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357

Yup, + about a billion on the wheel gun suggestion.

Take the plunge, the waters fine.

Absolutely gorgeous!! Does it get any better than a Smith? Looks like you could drive nails with her! My dream revolver is a blued Model 19 with the wood grips. I don't know why, but those Model 19s just get me in a soft spot.

jarhead0881 09-08-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerlbf406
As far as how I like the Taurus, I can't really answer that as I just picked it up less then 24 hours ago and haven't had it to a range yet. I have looked at revolvers but never found one I like in my price range. I wasn't even looking for a gun when I bought the Taurus, I just happened to find it when picking up a gun for my Uncle, and fell in love with it. There's a couple guns I'd like to add to my collection but will have to wait til I can afford them. I probably won't be buying no more guns for a while, unless something comes out of the blue unexpectedly. I do plan to have me an AR-15 or similar rifle as well as a Revolver, I'm thinking .357 magnum or .44 magnum

I can relate! If I was wealthy, I'd buy every firearm I could get my grubby hands on! When you get your Taurus up and popping give us an update how she runs! You can't go wrong with .357 or .44. I'm partial to the .357 though. Just a personal thing. The first revolver I ever shot was my uncle's .357 when I was about 9. Been in love ever since!

JW357 09-08-2013 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarhead0881

Absolutely gorgeous!! Does it get any better than a Smith? Looks like you could drive nails with her! My dream revolver is a blued Model 19 with the wood grips. I don't know why, but those Model 19s just get me in a soft spot.

Thanks man. She's definitely my favorite shooter. She's a 66-2. The 66 is the stainless version of the 19. I love the 19 too. When I bought this one, there was a 19 right next to it in the case for about $50 cheaper. I thought about it a day too long. I went in in the afternoon the next business day after I saw it to buy it, and some former cop had bought it that morning. I missed out. That's ok though, because I snagged this one instead and am more than pleased. I love it. I've got the original grips too.

Attachment 117571