Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Light rails a need or a mall ninja's dream?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Light rails a need or a mall ninja's dream?

Have does every freaking gun in the case have a stupid light rail?

I recently bought a Sig Scorpion Carry with said stupid light rail. I bought it still, because the pros out numbered the one con being the light rail.

It's a carry for the crying out loud! Why did it have to have that rail!!??

But it's not just the Scorpion. Everything it seems has to have a rail. Who really needs it so bad that it has become the norm?

Police, SWAT, elite units fighting in the dark yes. Joe blow in a 1300 sq. ft. house working 9-5?

I know some people are going to counter with the people demand it so it must be a good reason why it's there. Well people demanded change and we ended up with obama. The people are not allways right.

I would rather have obama president 4 life than ever see another light rail on a gun.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I would rather have obama president 4 life than ever see another light rail on a gun.
go wash out your mouth young man... naughty naughty.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #3

Liked 1653 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 1112

I have several guns with rails on them. I have never mounted anything on them. Bought the gun because I wanted it. Didnt care about the rail either way.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #4

Liked 132 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 11

No rails here.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

HK usp - rails
XDm - rails
Glock - rail/no rail
1911 - NO RAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:

I recently bought a Sig Scorpion Carry with said stupid light rail. I bought it still, because the pros out numbered the one con being the light rail.

But it's not just the Scorpion. Everything it seems has to have a rail. Who really needs it so bad that it has become the norm?

Police, SWAT, elite units fighting in the dark yes. Joe blow in a 1300 sq. ft. house working 9-5?

I know some people are going to counter with the people demand it so it must be a good reason why it's there. Well people demanded change and we ended up with obama. The people are not allways right.

answered you own question......look at all of the 4X4 SUV's in the big citys being used as Grocery getters same question same answer....see it in the movies, it looks cool, got'a have one.........

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
He he was President for life, you wouldn't see any more light rails, or guns.

I don't care for the light rails, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy the gun if it was good. I would perfer that they offered 2 versions of the gun though. One with the rail, and the other without.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-21-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #8

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue

I would tell you to get it machined off again as I have suggested before if it was a lesser gun... but I don't think I could ruin the finish on such a nice gun that I just bought either.

If not then your forced to put a light/ laser/combo on your gun because everyone knows you MUST use those rails was so you can attach guns to all your lights. Ive got an fnp-45 attached to my m3...

...you should see what's on my nightstand lamp.
forumrunner_20120121_014519.jpg  

Last edited by Jstrong; 01-21-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not 'mall ninja' by any stretch of the imagination. Personally i hate seeing more rails than you need on a gun, especially an AR or a shotgun.

Some of you might think of this as blasphemy but I actually plan on putting a rail on a couple guns that DONT have them. Mind you both of these are very FULL size pistols and I have a legitimate plan for them, not just to be tacticool. One is a Desert Eagle, and I plan to add the rail for a Viridian X5L for hog hunting with it. Green laser on pig, big boom, no more uprooted crops and dinner.
The other gun is my 1911
Why? Range toy purposes.

On the other hand there are a few carry guns that the rail is nice to have, like my PF-9. I have a laser unit that's small enough to not add hardly any weight and fits the profile of the gun while still fitting into the pocket holster for it. I actually use the laser in conjuction with the iron sights as a training aid and as a quick aiming device but hey...that pesky rail huh?

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #10

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I have pistols with a rail, but only because the manufacturer didn't offer it without. I will not buy a 1911 with a rail. I have one pistol that came with Crimson Trace laser grips. I found it very useful as a training tool, with an empty pistol at home, but triggering the laser on it is different than one on a rail, so I don't know if rail mounted would work as well. I turn it off at the range.