Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > LCP with, or without laser?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I have the bodyguard with the laser, which is s&w's version of the LCP.
its a cool addition that I most likely wont turn on in an active shooting situation.
I think night sites would be a more useful option on the gun for me then the laser is.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 11-18-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My advice would be to sell the LCP, then take the money you would spend on a quality laser and put both on a Sig-238 or better yet Sig-938. Then you won't have to worry about being able to hit a man sized target across the room, assuming you already shoot well enough to pass the CHL. With the 938 you will have 9mm power in the best pocket pistol to date.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

My kids gave me an LCP with the LaserMax for my last
birthday. It can easily be removed if you wish. In fact
you have to remove one side of the laser to replace the
battery. Just remove two screws and it snaps apart, at
which time you could snap the whole thing off the
trigger guard.

Personally, I love the LCP and the laser, especially in poor
lighting. It also helps hide the familiar "gun shape"
printing in my pocket.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Last edited by etbob9; 11-20-2012 at 03:27 AM. Reason: add content

Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

At the last minute I changed my mind and went with the smith and Wesson bodyguard, better sights, slide locks back on empty chamber, integrated laser that doesn't get in the way, the only thing I don't like is the saftey, but will carry without it on.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

LCPs need lasers to correct for speed bump like sights. W laser, I can hit a man size Tgt at 25 yds. W/o laser, would not attempt shot.

Lasers shine in their ability to STOP a situation from escalating. My brother is LEO - both times he used it, the suspect Stopped whatever he/she was doing. Why a little red dot could cause this reaction when drawn firearm could not, is a bit of a mystery to me.

I do not want to shoot anyone. I do not want them or their relatives to sue me the next day. Anything I can do to prevent a lawsuit or increase my odds of surviving an encounter - I am all for and consider it money well spent.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
LCPs need lasers to correct for speed bump like sights. W laser, I can hit a man size Tgt at 25 yds. W/o laser, would not attempt shot.

Lasers shine in their ability to STOP a situation from escalating. My brother is LEO - both times he used it, the suspect Stopped whatever he/she was doing. Why a little red dot could cause this reaction when drawn firearm could not, is a bit of a mystery to me.

I do not want to shoot anyone. I do not want them or their relatives to sue me the next day. Anything I can do to prevent a lawsuit or increase my odds of surviving an encounter - I am all for and consider it money well spent.
This would be the main reason I would want one. A coworker said his CCW instructor recommends them just for that purpose...

Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #17

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
In case you were forced to use for something other than up close and personal?
Good luck hitting something with it that is farther than 10 yards.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #18

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

LCP's are nice little guns. After 8 months carrying mine around, I am selling it this morning. I replaced it with its big brother, the LC9. With this gun, I have close-in sight reliability and a caliber that better meets self defense purposes. Pocket guns are close-in guns. You aren't going to be shooting at a bad guy at 50 feet unless he's running away. In my opinion, lasers are great training tools for pocket guns, but serve little other purpose. If I had one for my LCP, it would have been for use at the range only.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #19

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
I have the LCP without laser simply for the reason that the LCP is a close-up confrontational devise. What would be the need of a laser?
For me, the fact that it is a close-up tool makes the laser more justified. Unless one specifically trains point-and-shoot, you might be surprised how far off target one can be even at 3-5 yard distances. The laser aids me in getting on target more quickly and in situations where achieving a proper stance/sight picture is not feasible.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #20

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts

I love my lcp/ct it's in my back pocket so much I forget it is there. Will always have it on me as my backup/ secondary pistol.