Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   LCP with, or without laser? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/lcp-without-laser-76550/)

TheNYResistance 11-17-2012 05:31 AM

LCP with, or without laser?

My only concern with the laser is comfort of concealment. I want this for pocket carry in a wallet holster but not sure if the laser will get in my way.

If I buy the laser aftermarket it will be slightly more expensive than buying it with it already attached. I assume if I buy it with the laser, it is detachable, but I have to ask.

PanBaccha 11-17-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

TheNYResistance: My only concern with the laser is comfort of concealment. I want this for pocket carry in a wallet holster but not sure if the laser will get in my way.

If I buy the laser aftermarket it will be slightly more expensive than buying it with it already attached. I assume if I buy it with the laser, it is detachable, but I have to ask.
I have the LCP without laser simply for the reason that the LCP is a close-up confrontational devise. What would be the need of a laser? :confused:

Rick1967 11-17-2012 12:31 PM

In case you were forced to use for something other than up close and personal?

winds-of-change 11-17-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 1017535)
I have the LCP without laser simply for the reason that the LCP is a close-up confrontational devise. What would be the need of a laser? :confused:

I agree here. I seriously considered an LCP but I didn't want one with a laser. I was looking at it as a pocket pistol but I suppose it depends on what you wanted to do with the gun.

sweeper22 11-17-2012 04:18 PM

Lasers are a very personal decision in my opinion. There are valid reasons to choose a laser, and there are equally valid reasons not to. The only one who can offer you the perfect answer is you. This is about your carry preferences (weight, size, etc), your shooting style, your level of preparation. There's plenty of data to support the usefulness of such tools.

Lasers can be a really effective addition. My own preference is to avoid them, and in turn I consider it a personal responsibility to practice "point shooting" my CCW regularly. I keep myself acquainted with my grip angle and slide, and feel like I could hit anyone inside of 50ft in the chest without having to find a sight picture.

If I carried a DA revolver (LCR, SP101), I'd probably choose to carry a laser. Again...just due to my own personal habits, preferences, and shooting style.

pistol77 11-17-2012 05:31 PM

I think a laser could cost u ur life. Y ur looking for the dot instead of relying on ur grip and training the perp has already rushed u and taken ur gun and he didn't even worry bout finding that stupid dot before be shot u. So n other words don't be lookin for that silly dot when u r under attack.

PanBaccha 11-17-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1017539)
In case you were forced to use for something other than up close and personal?

Like what with a 2.75" barrel? :confused:

shadecorp 11-17-2012 06:04 PM

Laser.
If I were to buy one,
it would have the Laser.

winds-of-change 11-17-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNYResistance (Post 1017430)
My only concern with the laser is comfort of concealment. I want this for pocket carry in a wallet holster but not sure if the laser will get in my way.

If you prefer the laser, I don't think that will interfere with pocket carry. The laser is under the barrel so I don't think it makes the gun any 'bigger'.

SSGN_Doc 11-17-2012 09:54 PM

I've carried mine with a laser for several months now. It doesn't make a notable difference in carry. Without the laser the pistol is slightly easier to grip though.