Knockdown Power - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Knockdown Power

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #51
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8812 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
The above replies are the very reason I seldom post on forums. Many believe if it didnt happen to them then it didnt happen. I thought the room would like some actual experences rather than theory. As to me knowning alot of stupid people, I have to disagree. I quess it was incredably stupid for a friend to be playing golf when an errant bullet from a kids 22, that was shooting praire dogs a distance away, hit him in the head. Any how stupid it must have been for my father-in-law to hang upside down in a B-17 over Germany while people shot at him. And how stupid it was to be shot in the head and survive in a rice paddy in Vietnam. And how dare a friend get shot through the knee in Iraq while trying to help a wounded buddy. Stupid? I call this brave and patriotic. This will be the end of my posts as I have an antique rifle to try out on an elk, hopefully.
I did not in any way mean to insult you. I did specify in my post that combat wounds were a different category entirely and that I am thankful for all veterans and their selfless service to out country. As for the guy on th egolf course, I agree that he had no control over that. I was merely relating the experiences I have had with a couple people who have been shot in accidents due ion some way or another stupidity on their part. In your initial post you described some action on the part of the wounded party that said to me they were in some way responsible for their wounds (including the guy who was messing with a married woman). In any case I would say that knowing more than 10 people who have been shot outside the theater of war is quite a lot!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

In 1941 i joined the army. I got sent to the south pacific where i was shot twice in the head with a arisaka rifle from 15 feet. But it was two seperate occasions.I was pretty tough cause it didnt knock me down. I just called a medic and he took my cleaning rod for my gerand and stuck some guaze in it and ran it through the hole in my head a few times to clean the wounds and gave me some moriphine and I went out a killed me some more japs.
Being as I was so tough they needed some help over in europe so they snatched me up and sent me over there where I was shot a number of times.A german sniper once shot me in the gut with his mouser and although I didnt fall down it sent me into a coughing fit and I coughed up his bullet.
I was shot a total of 13 times during the big war. I went home after the war and then korea started up so I fought through that war once i jumped out of a air plane and my parachute got hung up and I was being dragged behind a c -47 and the chinese seen me and shot me six times. But I just did hand over hand until I pulled myself back into the air plane. I was hurting pretty good. They had to bandage me up and it was the next day before I could get at the chinese that shot me. I killed around 300 of them.
I was pretty lucky only getting shot six times in korea.
But when they called my up to go to Vietnam I knew they needed my help pretty bad.I was there from 1964 until 1973 and was shot a number of times. I stand 6 foot 9 so they chose me to be a tunnel rat. Once I was biting the head off a cobra in a tunnel when charlie caught me off guard . He some how had gotten a 1911 and shot me eight times with it.I tell you it hurt pretty bad from three feet.That hard ball ammo made some clean holes one through my cheek and it came out one inch from my scrotum. I was bobbing and weaving as he shot eight rounds. Most of them skimmed down my back and blew the heels right off my boots. He blew one of my ears off I had to get a medic to sew back on later on.I also got shot in the left butt cheek where the bullet didnt come out. But that realy made me mad. So I returned fire on him with my 1911.I shot him eight times back and he started crawling back wards. But my brother in law had sent me a nice model 29 smith and wesson and some hot loaded hollow point ammo. I carried it for special situations like this and I shot him six times with it.
I opened open the cylinder and didnt have a speed loader so while I was reloading old charlie scurried down the tunnel and got away.I crawled a long ways and followed some blood. I came out just as I heard a shot. My friend who carried a small deringer in 22 long rifle sent to him with some cookies from home shot him in the back of the head at 20 yards and took him out as he was a running away.
I was hit a few more times with a ak 47 and once accidently buy a couple rounds of 50 bmg from friendly fire while I was charging a couple of charlie kongs who had shot me with ther ak 47 and made me real mad.Them 50 caliber didnt knock me down but they sure do hurt at lot.
But any way by the time I went to iraq i had lost count of how many times I was shot. Cause i had been back in civilian life a while and took a job as a hunting guide in northern Idaho.I was begged to work for a out fitter that heard i was good at fighting griz bear with a buck knife and had a box full of purpel hearts to prove you cant kill me.
Any ways I had during this time been shot with a 357 magnum 41 magnum and a 44 magnum.I took a bad hit with a 338 magnum once in the chest once to. They had to cut the bullet out of my heart.Once they got me to the docs the doc said i was lucky it wasnt a elephant gun or the bullet would have made to big a hole in my heart for my buddies to fix in the woods with there leatherman.
Now i dont claim ot be a expert and aint been shot with a 454 casull yet But I am thinking it would hurt pretty bad but i doubt it would kill me. But i know of 13 people who have been shot by them and it was all accidents. They are all nieghbors. Being a hunting guide I get to know a lot of people like that. Any how from what I am told they do hurt pretty bad and a little worse than a 45 acp.
Some how the marines got my phone number and called me to come fight last week. I had to refuse being as I am almost thirty now and just getting to old and tired. I dont want to show up any of the young marines any way and I got some out of state hunters comming soon any how and i know I will probably get shot a few more times before i retire.
But I just thought i would share my true stories with you and all about the guys I know that got shot with big magnums and how usless a 45 acp is. Its realy not a big deal.
Shot placement is the key so I carry a ruger bear cat and use it for protection from griz bear and conceal carry. I already have killed six moose with it 27 elk and hundered and forty two deer. Once shot kills in the head. I have to admit once i sneezed as I was taking a fine bead on a short shot of 300 yards with my bear cat and missed. No one was around to see my failure but being real honest I thought I would tell every one. But I recovered fast regained my sight picture as the bear ran I shot him the head and took him down one shot.
if any bad guys tries to kill me with his 40 glock I will calmly let him shoot me as i take aim and place my 22 long rifle shot right into his brain.
I am tempted to tell you more of my exploits but i dont want to appear I am bragging and a liar or any thing so I will close for now and maybe share more true life experiences later on.One last piece of advice is shot placement all you need is a 22 long rifle it knocks em down every time.I will tell you later of time in africa and the deadly 22 longrifle.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #53

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58
In 1941 i joined the army. I got sent to the south pacific where i was shot twice in the head with a arisaka rifle from 15 feet. But it was two seperate occasions.I was pretty tough cause it didnt knock me down. I just called a medic and he took my cleaning rod for my gerand and stuck some guaze in it and ran it through the hole in my head a few times to clean the wounds and gave me some moriphine and I went out a killed me some more japs.
Being as I was so tough they needed some help over in europe so they snatched me up and sent me over there where I was shot a number of times.A german sniper once shot me in the gut with his mouser and although I didnt fall down it sent me into a coughing fit and I coughed up his bullet.
I was shot a total of 13 times during the big war. I went home after the war and then korea started up so I fought through that war once i jumped out of a air plane and my parachute got hung up and I was being dragged behind a c -47 and the chinese seen me and shot me six times. But I just did hand over hand until I pulled myself back into the air plane. I was hurting pretty good. They had to bandage me up and it was the next day before I could get at the chinese that shot me. I killed around 300 of them.
But when they called my up to go to Vietnam I knew they needed my help pretty bad.I was there from 1964 until 1973 and was shot a number of times. I stand 6 foot 9 so they chose me to be a tunnel rat. Once I was biting the head off a cobra in a tunnel when charlie caught me off guard . He some how had gotten a 1911 and shot me eight times with it.I tell you it hurt pretty bad from three feet.That hard ball ammo made some clean holes one through my cheek and it came out one inch from my scrotum. I was bobbing and weaving as he shot eight rounds. Most of them skimmed down my back and blew the heels right off my boots. He blew one of my ears off I had to get a medic to sew back on later on.I also got shot in the left butt cheek where the bullet didnt come out. But that realy made me mad. So I returned fire on him with my 1911.I shot him eight times back and he started crawling back wards. But my brother in law had sent me a nice model 29 smith and wesson and some hot loaded hollow point ammo. I carried it for special situations like this and I shot him six times with it.
I opened open the cylinder and didnt have a speed loader so while I was reloading old charlie scurried down the tunnel and got away.I crawled a long ways and followed some blood. I came out just as I heard a shot. My friend who carried a small deringer in 22 long rifle sent to him with some cookies from home shot him in the back of the head at 20 yards and took him out as he was a running away.
I was hit a few more times with a ak 47 and once accidently buy a couple rounds of 50 bmg from friendly fire while I was charging a couple of charlie kongs who had shot me with ther ak 47 and made me real mad.Them 50 caliber didnt knock me down but they sure do hurt at lot.
But any way by the time I went to iraq i had lost count of how many times I was shot. Cause i had been back in civilian life a while and took a job as a hunting guide in northern Idaho.I was begged to work for a out fitter that heard i was good at fighting griz bear with a buck knife and had a box full of purpel hearts to prove you cant kill me.
Any ways I had during this time been shot with a 357 magnum 41 magnum and a 44 magnum.I took a bad hit with a 338 magnum once in the chest once to. They had to cut the bullet out of my heart.Once they got me to the docs the doc said i was lucky it wasnt a elephant gun or the bullet would have made to big a hole in my heart for my buddies to fix in the woods with there leatherman.
Now i dont claim ot be a expert and aint been shot with a 454 casull yet But I am thinking it would hurt pretty bad but i doubt it would kill me. But i know of 13 people who have been shot by them and it was all accidents. They are all nieghbors. Being a hunting guide I get to know a lot of people like that. Any how from what I am told they do hurt pretty bad and a little worse than a 45 acp.
Some how the marines got my phone number and called me to come fight last week. I had to refuse being as I am almost thirty now and just getting to old and tired. I dont want to show up any of the young marines any way and I got some out of state hunters comming soon any how and i know I will probably get shot a few more times before i retire.
But I just thought i would share my true stories with you and all about the guys I know that got shot with big magnums and how usless a 45 acp is. Its realy not a big deal.
Shot placement is the key so I carry a ruger bear cat and use it for protection from griz bear and conceal carry. I already have killed six moose with it 27 elk and hundered and forty two deer. Once shot kills in the head. I have to admit once i sneezed as I was taking a fine bead on a short shot of 300 yards with my bear cat and missed. No one was around to see my failure but being real honest I thought I would tell every one. But I recovered fast regained my sight picture as the bear ran I shot him the head and took him down one shot.
if any bad guys tries to kill me with his 40 glock I will calmly let him shoot me as i take aim and place my 22 long rifle shot right into his brain.
I am tempted to tell you more of my exploits but i dont want to appear I am bragging and a liar or any thing so I will close for now and maybe share more true life experiences later on.One last piece of advice is shot placement all you need is a 22 long rifle it knocks em down every time.I will tell you later of time in africa and the deadly 22 longrifle.
Ladies & gentlemen, may I present a true American Cheese Grater.

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #54
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8812 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
That is so incredible it has to be true!!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #55

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
In his head it is

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #56

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Highly doubt it bud

Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #57

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

I just hope a mod with real stopping power comes along shortly and locks this thread. This discussion typically ends with tempers flaring and time-outs...just saying'.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #58

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58
So... In all that... You never did tell us where the other nut went. Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #59

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

It did the typing -

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #60

Liked 243 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester
One of the things I notice so often about these type threads, is the lack of actual first hand experence of the most vocal responders. Theories are fine, but often not backed up by no more than one or two actual experences. I wont take sides but I will give some food for thought. I personally know 13 people who were shot with everything from a 22 lr to 44 magnums. Having been a big game guide for years I have seen hundreds of big game animals shot. On animals, few fall instantly down fom any shot that is not spine or brain hit. Of the 13 people I know that were shot, only 1 collapsed to the shot. Two of the 13 were shot with full house loads with a 44 magnum. Of these two, one got up and called an ambulence for himself, the other showed up for work 12 hours after being hit and driving himself to the doctor. The only instantly downed individual, worked for me and was messing with a married woman, and was shot in the thigh with a 25 ACP. He dropped like a stone in his words. Any brain or spine hit with any caliber will result in an instant incompasitation. I have finished of nearly 100 elk and deer with a 22 handgun. It worked quite well, but ranges were under 10 yards and nearly all were brain shots. Nothing can be learned from that except a 22 handgun will kill an elk when shot in the brain. I have seen little to none of the legendary 'KNOCKDOWN" power. I am a great fan of the 45 ACP and it is my bedside gun, but I have shot a few head of game with this caliber and experence NO reaction at all to the shot. I killed a 90 pound antelope with a 45 ACP and Winchester Silvertips. It took 8 rounds to kill her and she didnt even blink when I hit her in the neck with the last shot. A 25 pound javaline took 2 45 ACP's in the lungs and simply ran away to die 50 yards away. And the terrible killing power of a 12 guage slug was dispelled when I shot a fawn deer that had been injured buy a car. At 3 feet distance I shot her between the eyes with a 12 guage slug. I missed the brain by an inch. She didnt even flinch. Just a smoldering 3/4" hole appeared in her forehead. Just a few experences, you make up own minds.
Now wait just a minute I've read on lots of threads that the 22lr can't penetrate the skull just bounces off and causes itching.

To personal know 13 people who have been shot outside of military personnel, I don't want to hang out with you.

Most of the deer I have shot fell in their tracks, I had been hunting for about 5 years taking at least 2 a year before I actually had to track one by the blood trail, until then I thought the guys telling me about tracking one were just bad shots.

Closed Thread