Kimber Ultra CDP II
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kimber Ultra CDP II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Kimber Ultra CDP II

Hello all,

If Illinois decides to pass the carry laws, I'll be in the market for a carry weapon. Even if they don't, I'm thinking about adding a little more punch to my arsenal than my 9mm. My local gun shop is a Kimber dealer, and I've had my eyes on an Ultra CDP II for a while.

Does anyone have one, and if so, what are your opinions on said weapon? I know several of you are Kimber owners and speak highly of the brand.

**DISCLAIMER**

I will shoot and decide for myself if I want to purchase a weapon. Just looking for 'owner reviews' of this one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #2

How yea doin' false. I just bought a Pro CDP II and it is awsome. I got the 4" barrel because it felt better in my hand. I assume you've been to the Kimber web site? Choosing a kimber is definetly a hard choice with all they're makes and models. All I can really say is that I love mine and if you buy one you'll love yours.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
Hello all,

If Illinois decides to pass the carry laws, I'll be in the market for a carry weapon. Even if they don't, I'm thinking about adding a little more punch to my arsenal than my 9mm. My local gun shop is a Kimber dealer, and I've had my eyes on an Ultra CDP II for a while.

Does anyone have one, and if so, what are your opinions on said weapon? I know several of you are Kimber owners and speak highly of the brand.

**DISCLAIMER**

I will shoot and decide for myself if I want to purchase a weapon. Just looking for 'owner reviews' of this one.
I have a Colt Defender 3" 45 ACP and believe it uses the same recoil system as the kimber. (Or vise-versa) It has all the limits of a large bore, short barrel gun. Then again, it has all the good things that accompany a large bore self defense weapon.

I love my Defender, 8 +1 JHP in about as small a package as needed for easy concealed carry.

It's deadly at CQB distance (4M or ~12.5') and the carry weight is just right. It feels like a much larger gun than the small envelope it fits into.

I have had it for just over 5 monts and it cost < $800. A bargan for Colt quality and several hundred less than your kimber.

You need to do your due-dilligence and find The One that's right for you, but do your self a favor and give the Colt Defender or the Colt New Agent a look before you cash out!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

False - I have had three Kimbers in my safe, I still have two, and all of them have performed as advertised. I have never owned the CDP, but I have handled it and I have shot it and it's a good piece of kit. The aluminum frame does snap a bit, with 230 grain ball or +P, but it handles the load well and it does put rounds on target as expected.

I would have no problems recommending the CDP for someone who was looking for a good, lightweight alternative to the full steel 1911.

JD

Old 02-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

If you haven't read this post, go take a look:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/need-gun-help-10265/

In post #3 you will see what The One means.

I think it makes good sense but then I wrote it!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Damn it Cane, take your medication, or I will send a Haitian hooker over there to feed it to you.

JD

Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have a Kimber Compact (4" barrel, 6 rd mag) it eats everything and shoots where you point it. What more do you want?