Kimber Solo CDP ??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kimber Solo CDP ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kimber Solo CDP ??

I purchased a Kimber Solo CDP last week at a local gun shop. It was an impulse buy for me as i usually do alot of research before purchasing a pistol. Anyway after reading some forums i see they have had their share of problems. Does anyone know how i can check my serial number to see if i have a later made pistol. also does any carry this guns everyday? if so have is the paint and rosewood handles holding up? I havent shot it yet cause this may not be the gun for me but we will see. any other info would be great as well. thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #2

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I have no experience with the Solo, a buddy at the LGS carries one daily for a pocket pistol. I looked at one when they first came out, just didn't feel right for me.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #3

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Call Kimber and ask.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsls2
I purchased a Kimber Solo CDP last week at a local gun shop. It was an impulse buy for me as i usually do alot of research before purchasing a pistol. Anyway after reading some forums i see they have had their share of problems. Does anyone know how i can check my serial number to see if i have a later made pistol. also does any carry this guns everyday? if so have is the paint and rosewood handles holding up? I havent shot it yet cause this may not be the gun for me but we will see. any other info would be great as well. thanks.
Kimber has some great looking guns... But your right! The price tags are way too high for what seems to be mediocre performance. Their warranty seems a little lacking as well. Then again we have to remember that Mercedes garnishes quite a following and drool from non owners despite the fact they consistently rate one of the worst repair history's in the auto industry.. Even behind Kia!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Kimbers are really hit & miss, you just need to shoot it to find out how its gonna act

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

thanks for info guys. im goin to take it to the range this weekend and try it out. its goin to be an everyday carry piece that is replacing my kel tec pf9. liked the keltec but a jam every now and then is not what i need. hope the price i paid for the Kimber Solo CDP($1100) works 100% with no flaws.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #7

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsls2 View Post
thanks for info guys. im goin to take it to the range this weekend and try it out. its goin to be an everyday carry piece that is replacing my kel tec pf9. liked the keltec but a jam every now and then is not what i need. hope the price i paid for the Kimber Solo CDP($1100) works 100% with no flaws.
Holy geez! $1100? Really?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #8

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus

Holy geez! $1100? Really?
Ya I would rather buy a Colt if I was spending that much.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have had my solo for over a year and it is my main carry weapon. It goes with me everywhere. It feels great, shoots great, accurate and very reliable. But that price seems a little high. I only paid $700. You do need to use the correct ammo like the manual says and you will never have a problem. Great pick up because they are very hard to get thats why they bent you over on the price. You will love it though and it will soon become your third hand. Good luck and enjoy, Ed

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 07-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #10

They didn't bend u over on price. The cdp is more expensive that the regular solo carry. I own a solo sts. Great gun