Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Kimber Solo CDP ?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/kimber-solo-cdp-69878/)

adamsls2 08-08-2012 02:55 AM

Kimber Solo CDP ??

I purchased a Kimber Solo CDP last week at a local gun shop. It was an impulse buy for me as i usually do alot of research before purchasing a pistol. Anyway after reading some forums i see they have had their share of problems. Does anyone know how i can check my serial number to see if i have a later made pistol. also does any carry this guns everyday? if so have is the paint and rosewood handles holding up? I havent shot it yet cause this may not be the gun for me but we will see. any other info would be great as well. thanks.

levelcross 08-08-2012 02:21 PM

I have no experience with the Solo, a buddy at the LGS carries one daily for a pocket pistol. I looked at one when they first came out, just didn't feel right for me.

Olympus 08-08-2012 03:53 PM

Call Kimber and ask.

mdemotte 08-08-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamsls2
I purchased a Kimber Solo CDP last week at a local gun shop. It was an impulse buy for me as i usually do alot of research before purchasing a pistol. Anyway after reading some forums i see they have had their share of problems. Does anyone know how i can check my serial number to see if i have a later made pistol. also does any carry this guns everyday? if so have is the paint and rosewood handles holding up? I havent shot it yet cause this may not be the gun for me but we will see. any other info would be great as well. thanks.

Kimber has some great looking guns... But your right! The price tags are way too high for what seems to be mediocre performance. Their warranty seems a little lacking as well. Then again we have to remember that Mercedes garnishes quite a following and drool from non owners despite the fact they consistently rate one of the worst repair history's in the auto industry.. Even behind Kia!

MrWray 08-08-2012 10:24 PM

Kimbers are really hit & miss, you just need to shoot it to find out how its gonna act

adamsls2 08-09-2012 12:46 AM

thanks for info guys. im goin to take it to the range this weekend and try it out. its goin to be an everyday carry piece that is replacing my kel tec pf9. liked the keltec but a jam every now and then is not what i need. hope the price i paid for the Kimber Solo CDP($1100) works 100% with no flaws.

Olympus 08-09-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamsls2 (Post 897482)
thanks for info guys. im goin to take it to the range this weekend and try it out. its goin to be an everyday carry piece that is replacing my kel tec pf9. liked the keltec but a jam every now and then is not what i need. hope the price i paid for the Kimber Solo CDP($1100) works 100% with no flaws.

Holy geez! $1100? Really? :eek:

Garadex 08-09-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus

Holy geez! $1100? Really? :eek:

Ya I would rather buy a Colt if I was spending that much.

eborden1122 08-11-2012 08:23 PM

I have had my solo for over a year and it is my main carry weapon. It goes with me everywhere. It feels great, shoots great, accurate and very reliable. But that price seems a little high. I only paid $700. You do need to use the correct ammo like the manual says and you will never have a problem. Great pick up because they are very hard to get thats why they bent you over on the price. You will love it though and it will soon become your third hand. Good luck and enjoy, Ed

brngiese 07-30-2013 07:44 PM

They didn't bend u over on price. The cdp is more expensive that the regular solo carry. I own a solo sts. Great gun