Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kimber Solo

View Poll Results: Your thoughts on the Kimber Solo
Shot it and dont like it 1 11.11%
Havent shot it but dont like it 5 55.56%
Shot it and like it 1 11.11%
Havent shot it but like it 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Kimber Solo

I see people that like it, I see people that dont. The question I have is, how many here have actually shot it and have an opinion on this firearm? A friend of mine has been looking for one without success and I have advised him to hold off, but he showed me several good reviews on this gun. I would just like to have something to show him to help him make up his mind. Thanks in advance guys!

Please give specifics as to why you dont like it if that is the case. The reason I ask is if its something that can be "tweeked' or looked out for, that may make a difference.

Last edited by cddbrowns; 07-10-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #2

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 302

I think you have a typo in your poll options...you have the "I HAVE SHOT IT AND DO/DONT LIKE IT" options....but the other 2 are haven't shot it and don't like it....one of them should be "haven't shot it but DO like it."

Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You rarely see a poor review of a gun in a mainstream magazine because they are dependent on advertising revenue from that same manufacturer for their livelihood. I once read a totally self-serving article by a Guns&Ammo writer on why "no good is accomplished by writing a negative review". This was shortly after Gun Tests magazine came out where they took no advertising, bought guns over the counter, tried them out, and wrote up the results. Has Gun Tests reviewed the Solo? I touched one at Boondocks Outfitters, but don't know anyone who has shot one.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
I think you have a typo in your poll options...you have the "I HAVE SHOT IT AND DO/DONT LIKE IT" options....but the other 2 are haven't shot it and don't like it....one of them should be "haven't shot it but DO like it."
I know, sorry, trying to figure out how to change it.......just make the second one you havent shot it but like it.

If anyone knows how to change the poll, I am all ears!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
You rarely see a poor review of a gun in a mainstream magazine because they are dependent on advertising revenue from that same manufacturer for their livelihood. I once read a totally self-serving article by a Guns&Ammo writer on why "no good is accomplished by writing a negative review". This was shortly after Gun Tests magazine came out where they took no advertising, bought guns over the counter, tried them out, and wrote up the results. Has Gun Tests reviewed the Solo? I touched one at Boondocks Outfitters, but don't know anyone who has shot one.
Me either, I think its a myth, an urban legend. Solo doesnt really exist, its only pics by some crazy guy that hangs out by the lake.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #6

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The Solo I shot was a real POS.

Fit was poor and the finish had started to chip/wear on what was a "new" gun.

I think in a rush to market, Kimber missed the mark on this one.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I can't "actually" vote as I have 1) handled it and 2) NOT shot it.

It was in their booth at SHOT. Slide to Finish was poor. Trigger was "less than acceptable" to me, personally.

For the price, $700 Plus, there are literally a two dozen weapons I would consider first.

JD