Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kel Tec vs Ruger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Kel Tec vs Ruger

I love to shoot. I go the range often and take several guns with me. I fire each a few times. Today, I went to the range and took only a Kel Tec PF9 and a Ruger SP101 in .357. I was shooting at 15 yards. I was shocked that I was able to shoot the KT better than the Ruger. The KT shoots point of aim at 15 yards. I was able to keep all shots inside an area about the size of a soup can lid.
The Ruger on the other hand does not shoot point of aim. It is low and right. At 15 yards, I was able to hit the target with a fairly good grouping (an occasional flyer), but was at least 6 inches right and 2 inches low. I realize that at 10 yards or less (combat distance) it won't make much of a difference, but I was just disappointed with it not shooting point of aim.

I guess I will just have to live with it...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

I like my little Kel-Tec PF-9...i think its fine shooter. So fine in fact i have taken to carrying it as my summer gun.

But my S&W 686 is a LOT more fun to shoot and holds tighter groups. It does have adjustable sights and i have adjusted them to me...but that lil kel-tec is a handful and doesnt lend itself to a long day of shooting comfortably. hweras the 686 is more comfortable for extended shooting sessions....neither as comfy as the 1911 tho

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #3

I carry a kel-tec 380 in my pocket in the summer and shoot it quite often. I've never had a problem with it and it is reasonably accurate at 25 yards or less. In cold weather a cobra prevails. I don't buy Rugers, the only one I own is an old security six that I used to shoot metallic silhouettes years ago. It is retired to a safe and will remain there until I'm blowing in the wind.