Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kel-Tec Question...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kel-Tec Question...

I'm in the market for a conceal weapon and was wondering if you all could tell me the difference and your opinions on the Kel-Tec P11 and Kel-Tec PF9 ?
I was very interested in the Kahr PM9 or PM40 but I have spent the better part of two weeks reading numerous complaints about the Kahr and its mechanics malfunctions. Thanks for your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #2

I have no experience with the PF-9, but have my second P11. Traded the first and then got another. The P11 is slightly larger than the PF-9 and uses a double stack magazine. My P11's have been very dependable and reasonably accurate for their size. The trigger pull is probably 10-12 pounds and fairly long, but it works every time. The PF-9 seems to be having some teething pains, but Kel-Tec will stand behind it.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 AM   #3

Default My 2 cents

I own two Kel-Tecs...the P32 ( 32acp ) and the P3AT ( 380acp)...and find them to be well made ( CNC machined ), lightweight, and extremely reliable firearms. I usually carry one or the other as backup to my main CCW weapon...a Para Ordnance P12-45 ( 45acp ). A friend just bought and is carrying a Kel-Tec P11 ( 9mm ) as his main CCW piece...and he is pleased with it. The PF9 is a single stack 9mm that I would imagine, given Kel-Tec's
past performance record...will also be a good choice as a CCW.

DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #4

Difference of about 5 oz. in weight as the round capacity is 7 +1 (PF-9) and 10 +1 (P-11).
Slight difference in size (thickness due to magazine type). PF-9 is single stack.
Older model vs. newer model.

I saw them side by side yesterday at the gun show. I like the PF-9 but it may still have some bugs left to iron out. The P-11 has been out longer and seems to be a good pistol.

If I was to purchase one today, it would be the PF-9. Size and weight are important to me. (I have the P3AT now so going up in size and weight is hard for me.)

Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 AM   #5

The PF9 has a better trigger, better sights, weighs less, and is easier to conceal. The trigger on the P-11 is heavy, but it does hold more ammo... I like the PF9. I bought one and after 400 rounds of 115 grn FMJ and a couple hundred rounds of 147 grn JHP its still ticking and feeds most everything reliably... (except for the 115 grn HP... too short.)I'm keeping it.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunsamori View Post
The PF9 has a better trigger, better sights, weighs less, and is easier to conceal. The trigger on the P-11 is heavy, but it does hold more ammo... I like the PF9. I bought one and after 400 rounds of 115 grn FMJ and a couple hundred rounds of 147 grn JHP its still ticking and feeds most everything reliably... (except for the 115 grn HP... too short.)I'm keeping it.
Glad to hear about the NP for the feeding and ejecting. That was the only part that concerned me about the PF9. I guess it has been out long enough now to where all the bugs have been addressed. Next gun show in my area is in 4 weeks. Guess I will be taking another look.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 AM   #7

I bought...actually my wife bought herself a PF-9 as her carrygun, it is a light weight single stack 9 that fits in her purse and is comfortable for her to carry. I am thinking about getting one for myself for the summer months though. It is a good little shooter, and moct importantly it is like a knife with a long reach for poking holes.