Kel tec pf9 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Kel tec pf9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
From a morbid curiosity standpoint, I can't but wonder if KelTec has seen any increases in sales of the PF9, or in general, due to it's new fame (or infamy if you prefer.)
no such thing as bad publicity. Bunch of free advertising.

Its funny folks say their rig wont eat WWB. I have yet to find anything mine wont eat. Horndy critical defense, federal ball, 146 gr subsonics, WWB...all of it.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvillegator View Post
I have some of that Winchester in the white box haven't shot any of it though with the pf9 mostly federal with no problems. Did it FTF or FTE? Like I said I haven't had one problem yet and the more I shoot it the more I like it. Thanks for all the replies one of the main reasons I joined this sight was the friendly and knowledgable posters.
I had a few failures with WWB but mostly with once fired NATO brass. My problems were failure to extract. Once the gun fired the case would get stuck in the chamber midway through extraction because the extractor would jump over the rim of the case.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #13

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf

I had a few failures with WWB but mostly with once fired NATO brass. My problems were failure to extract. Once the gun fired the case would get stuck in the chamber midway through extraction because the extractor would jump over the rim of the case.
How do you know what NATO brass is?

Old 07-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Because the range I bought it from does their own reloading and they told me that lot was from military surplus brass. Upon very close inspection it appears that the extraction groove on NATO brass (or at least the stuff they had) is not as deep as the off the shelf stuff. Just to be sure of the problem, we tried the ammo in multiple guns alongside mine and mine was the only one with the problem, but no problem with off the shelf stuff. They also let me try some 9mm rounds they reloaded in non-NATO brass; worked great.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #15

Liked 340 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I had a PF9 for a while. Functioned fine. Not much fun to shoot and difficult to be accurate with beyond 10 yards.

It's what I'd call a 'value' carry gun. They're like $260-320, and it's a solid option in that price range. Also quite light and compact. You can do better (for a few hundred $ more), but you can also do a lot worse for the same price of the Kel-Tec.

Newest Threads