Kel tec pf9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kel tec pf9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Kel tec pf9

Just curious what u all thought of them? I have one that is basically my truck gun and I actually like it a lot more then I thought I would. Put plenty of rounds through it and and never had a FTF or a FTE that I heard where sometimes problems. Anyway just wondering ya'lls thoughts on it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #2

Liked 2385 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 534

If you got a reliable one that you like, then you should be set.

My opi ion is that KelTec is capable of producing some good designs. Their execution can be a little rough or crude in comparison to other manufacturers and their quality control doesn't seem so consistent. Some people get a gun that works great, some people get a gun that still needs work. Most that I've seen, need some smoothing out of sharp edges and sometimes working surfaces as well.

Nothing wrong with a good working one.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvillegator View Post
Just curious what u all thought of them? I have one that is basically my truck gun and I actually like it a lot more then I thought I would. Put plenty of rounds through it and and never had a FTF or a FTE that I heard where sometimes problems. Anyway just wondering ya'lls thoughts on it.
I like mine well enough. Even if it doesnt lend its self to comfy shooting.

It worked well enough for George Zimmerman....

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

And it only took until the 3rd post before it came up.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #5

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Mine is great except with WWB. Then it has fte issues for the rest it is great.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 994 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 117

like mine. I installed the belt clip kit and trigger kit. I clip in inside my belt and it lays so flat, I can conceal just wearing a T shirt and jeans. I consider mine as strictly CC. It is not a gun for at lot of shooting at the range. I have had no FTF issues.
dscn0634.jpg

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
LOL! I do what i can.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 559 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Mine runs good on anything except NATO brass. Some winchester white box is made of NATO brass. Don't ask why it hates that stuff but I avoid it like the plague.

I don't think shooting it is too bad. The recoil is snappy but manageable. The standard grip is a little short for all of my fingers but they make a +1 extension that goes on the bottom of the magazine and solves that problem while turning the capacity of the gun into a 8+1.

The best thing I like about the gun is parts for it can be bought straight from the kel Tec website very inexpensively. They are super fast on shipping and if you have a problem just give them a call and they will fix it.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 07-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3050 Times on 1526 Posts
Likes Given: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I like mine well enough. Even if it doesnt lend its self to comfy shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
From a morbid curiosity standpoint, I can't but wonder if KelTec has seen any increases in sales of the PF9, or in general, due to it's new fame (or infamy if you prefer.)
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-14-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
Mine runs good on anything except NATO brass. Some winchester white box is made of NATO brass. Don't ask why it hates that stuff but I avoid it like the plague.

I don't think shooting it is too bad. The recoil is snappy but manageable. The standard grip is a little short for all of my fingers but they make a +1 extension that goes on the bottom of the magazine and solves that problem while turning the capacity of the gun into a 8+1.

The best thing I like about the gun is parts for it can be bought straight from the kel Tec website very inexpensively. They are super fast on shipping and if you have a problem just give them a call and they will fix it.
I have some of that Winchester in the white box haven't shot any of it though with the pf9 mostly federal with no problems. Did it FTF or FTE? Like I said I haven't had one problem yet and the more I shoot it the more I like it. Thanks for all the replies one of the main reasons I joined this sight was the friendly and knowledgable posters.