Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Kel tec pf9 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/kel-tec-pf9-93845/)

Gvillegator 07-13-2013 01:28 PM

Kel tec pf9

Just curious what u all thought of them? I have one that is basically my truck gun and I actually like it a lot more then I thought I would. Put plenty of rounds through it and and never had a FTF or a FTE that I heard where sometimes problems. Anyway just wondering ya'lls thoughts on it.

SSGN_Doc 07-13-2013 01:36 PM

If you got a reliable one that you like, then you should be set.

My opi ion is that KelTec is capable of producing some good designs. Their execution can be a little rough or crude in comparison to other manufacturers and their quality control doesn't seem so consistent. Some people get a gun that works great, some people get a gun that still needs work. Most that I've seen, need some smoothing out of sharp edges and sometimes working surfaces as well.

Nothing wrong with a good working one.

fmj 07-13-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvillegator (Post 1303153)
Just curious what u all thought of them? I have one that is basically my truck gun and I actually like it a lot more then I thought I would. Put plenty of rounds through it and and never had a FTF or a FTE that I heard where sometimes problems. Anyway just wondering ya'lls thoughts on it.

I like mine well enough. Even if it doesnt lend its self to comfy shooting.

It worked well enough for George Zimmerman....

ScottA 07-13-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 1303228)

And it only took until the 3rd post before it came up. ;)

Hectocotylus 07-13-2013 04:14 PM

Mine is great except with WWB. Then it has fte issues for the rest it is great.

Dearhunter 07-13-2013 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
like mine. I installed the belt clip kit and trigger kit. I clip in inside my belt and it lays so flat, I can conceal just wearing a T shirt and jeans. I consider mine as strictly CC. It is not a gun for at lot of shooting at the range. I have had no FTF issues.
Attachment 110028

fmj 07-13-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1303244)

LOL! I do what i can.

fa35jsf 07-14-2013 01:52 PM

Mine runs good on anything except NATO brass. Some winchester white box is made of NATO brass. Don't ask why it hates that stuff but I avoid it like the plague.

I don't think shooting it is too bad. The recoil is snappy but manageable. The standard grip is a little short for all of my fingers but they make a +1 extension that goes on the bottom of the magazine and solves that problem while turning the capacity of the gun into a 8+1.

The best thing I like about the gun is parts for it can be bought straight from the kel Tec website very inexpensively. They are super fast on shipping and if you have a problem just give them a call and they will fix it.

Overkill0084 07-14-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 1303228)
I like mine well enough. Even if it doesnt lend its self to comfy shooting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1303244)

From a morbid curiosity standpoint, I can't but wonder if KelTec has seen any increases in sales of the PF9, or in general, due to it's new fame (or infamy if you prefer.)

Gvillegator 07-14-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf
Mine runs good on anything except NATO brass. Some winchester white box is made of NATO brass. Don't ask why it hates that stuff but I avoid it like the plague.

I don't think shooting it is too bad. The recoil is snappy but manageable. The standard grip is a little short for all of my fingers but they make a +1 extension that goes on the bottom of the magazine and solves that problem while turning the capacity of the gun into a 8+1.

The best thing I like about the gun is parts for it can be bought straight from the kel Tec website very inexpensively. They are super fast on shipping and if you have a problem just give them a call and they will fix it.

I have some of that Winchester in the white box haven't shot any of it though with the pf9 mostly federal with no problems. Did it FTF or FTE? Like I said I haven't had one problem yet and the more I shoot it the more I like it. Thanks for all the replies one of the main reasons I joined this sight was the friendly and knowledgable posters.