Kel tec p11 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Kel tec p11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

By the way those frikin $350 chronographs are far less accurate than WWB ammo. I have shot a pellet rifle through two of the damn things and both had different readings at every shot in 30 feet. Yet the pellet rifle was in great condition. I can take it out right now and and clean the paint off 1" spinners in just a few minutes at 70 yards. I am only a fair shot so it's not like my ubber skills are making up for the "erratic performance" of the pellet gun.

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #12

Liked 183 Times on 163 Posts

Ok I'm frustrated I've cleaned lubed and cleaned and lubed again had my gun smith check for wear or damage said everything is fine but after alotta money and 600 rounds it shoots everything no problems at all except federal American eagle and the Winchester 115g ball still jam wtf do they have a slightly different length or diameter ? Hardluck any ideas my friend is it just shut ammo?

Old 10-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I have an older P-11 that wouldn't shoot anything. Come to find out the finish under the rails was full of trash. I cut the end off a 2x4. Then glued some emery cloth around it. After a good cleaning up it will shoot anything. The outside of the rails at the ends often need buffing. Another quick trick to get the bugs out of a gun and break in new guns real quick is to shoot a couple boxes of steel case ammo.

People blame WWB ammo but if a gun won't shoot it there is something wrong with it. All of my guns shoot WWB. If they didn't when I got them they do now.
My wife has my P-11 for now. Mine is 100%
reliable, but that is a nasty trigger. I am going to get her a S&W M&P Shield as soon as supply catches up with demand a little. There were NONE at the last gun show. Word is they shoot great for a compact 9mm.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Ok I'm frustrated I've cleaned lubed and cleaned and lubed again had my gun smith check for wear or damage said everything is fine but after alotta money and 600 rounds it shoots everything no problems at all except federal American eagle and the Winchester 115g ball still jam wtf do they have a slightly different length or diameter ? Hardluck any ideas my friend is it just shut ammo?
I do have an idea. First just take a break from the gun for a few weeks. Right now you just want to take a 28 oz eastwing to the damned thing. Get a couple boxes of steel case ammo and shoot them through the gun. If you haven't done so already use some emery cloth on the rails. You don't want to do much more than take the finish off the rails. Pay particular attention to the rails against the frame. If there is trash in the finish it will be there. Sometimes the slide wants to catch on the rails focus on polishing up the ends of the rails.

You don't have to worry about the feed ramp as long as it is still factory stock, not ground down. The purpose of the steel case ammo is to smooth out all the areas that come into contact with shells. Make sure the magazine itself is not the problem. You should have enough room for the bar on the bottom of the slide to pass through the top of the magazine without the magazine touching the slide in any way.

One last thing no matter how much kel tec improves their work, don't make the same mistake I did and buy another kel tec.

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-29-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #15

Liked 183 Times on 163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

I do have an idea. First just take a break from the gun for a few weeks. Right now you just want to take a 28 oz eastwing to the damned thing. Get a couple boxes of steel case ammo and shoot them through the gun. If you haven't done so already use some emery cloth on the rails. You don't want to do much more than take the finish off the rails. Pay particular attention to the rails against the frame. If there is trash in the finish it will be there. Sometimes the slide wants to catch on the rails focus on polishing up the ends of the rails.

You don't have to worry about the feed ramp as long as it is still factory stock, not ground down. The purpose of the steel case ammo is to smooth out all the areas that come into contact with shells. Make sure the magazine itself is not the problem. You should have enough room for the bar on the bottom of the slide to pass through the top of the magazine without the magazine touching the slide in any way.

One last thing no matter how much kel tec improves their work, don't make the same mistake I did and buy another kel tec.
Thanks for all the help after work today I'm going to get that work started

Old 10-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #16

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Old crow the donkeys rear end really jumps out in you doesn't it. I am sure if you talked to KTs CS person like you write her that would be why you had the get the cardit card company envoled.

Gearhead396 PM sent to you.

Last edited by hardluk1; 10-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Old crow the donkeys rear end really jumps out in you doesn't it. I am sure if you talked to KTs CS person like you write her that would be why you had the get the cardit card company envoled.

Gearhead396 PM sent to you.
hardluk I don't want any problems with you. We all butt heads here and there, it's part of life. If no one ever disagreed we all would be marching around like zombies.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #18

Liked 65 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

thats odd my p11 shoots everything iv put thure it even steel caseed ammo
i recomend you clean the barrowal real good with salvent grab a round with the barralo removed from the gun and make shoure it slide in and out smothley whinchester white box might be a hair thicker and getting jamed in a tight and stickey reciver

Newest Threads