Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kel tec p11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default Kel tec p11

Ok I just got this kel tec p11 even though I don't like the trigger pull but its being really picky with bulk Winchester 115g ball every thing else shoots fine but my buddy's new p11 shoots the bulk Winchester fine what's with that

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #2

Liked 214 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just simply how some firearms are , more so when new . Plus if your budies gun has more runs fired it may be loosend up a bit more. You to guys also swamp pistols if both are new with about the same round cont fired. Shooter can cause some problems with control. Some time loads are borderline haveing enough energy to work the slide well enought to fully cycle. Give yours a another 100 rounds with a different ammo like umc remmy or magtec and see how it runs. If it runs fine try the winny stuff again. If it does not let your buddy try it in his.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #3

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

I owned a P11 when they first came out, good gun once you get used to that KT Trigger. Previous answer is correct, some guns are just finicky and some shooters limp wrist causing issues...not saying that's you.

By the way, does your P11 owning buddy use an interior thigh carry rig by any chance?

Tack

Old 10-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #4

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Just went to the range shot the remm umc and independence just fine but still would jam with Winchester guess it just doesn't like em thanks for the help guys and hahaha no tack we both use this holster but I've been looking for a new one sometimes I accidentally push the msg release on this one

image-1383384221.jpg  

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #5

Guess we all at one time or another had one of those. Rip the metal off it a make doggy chew toy out of it. hehe Holsters are a pain to find that just right one. Glad your pistols shooting good now.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:16 AM   #6

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have an older P-11 that wouldn't shoot anything. Come to find out the finish under the rails was full of trash. I cut the end off a 2x4. Then glued some emery cloth around it. After a good cleaning up it will shoot anything. The outside of the rails at the ends often need buffing. Another quick trick to get the bugs out of a gun and break in new guns real quick is to shoot a couple boxes of steel case ammo.

People blame WWB ammo but if a gun won't shoot it there is something wrong with it. All of my guns shoot WWB. If they didn't when I got them they do now.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #7

old crow thats great till you get some of a Lot # of there junk stuff or simple need a load with a bit more power.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
old crow thats great till you get some of a Lot # of there junk stuff or simple need a load with a bit more power.
I had a problem with Kel Tec when I bought my P-3AT. I ended up getting my credit card company involved to resolve the issue. Kel Tec said their guns have been known to malfunction with WWB. The customer support agent told kel tec straight up "if their guns don't work with the most popular ammo in the US it should be on the box. Moreover WWB meets SAAMI specs and kel tec claims their guns will fire all Saami spec ammo. Fix it or refund my customer" You know what, kel tec fixed my P-3AT.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #9

old crow You most have missed the part from the OP that his pistols run fine with other brands of ammo, And still have issues with winny. You enjoy your wwb ammo, glad its so fine for you. Buy a chrony and compair it to other ammo. That cheap wwb ammo may run fine in most pistols after its been broke in with a better class of ammo . I have seen enough info and chrony results and recalls to show QC is not at the top of winnys list with this cheap ammo line.

A friend that has used wwb 115gr stuff for a couple years with no problems picked up a new box at walmart. His pistol is a pm9 and has been extremely reliable and it started have function issues with this box of wwb right with the first mag full. I tried some in both my cw9 and a new caracal c , Both also had problems. So get off your high horse and realize winchester ammo does have more than its share of ammo problems . Thats also what was problably wrong with your KT but instead of finding ammo it liked you have pitch a fit. Noooo it could never be a ammo problem issue . For me that is the first time I have had a handgun not full function with any ammo in I don't know when. His pistol ran fine on the last of his old wwb stuff.

Oh learn a bit more about saami spec and you will find that a cartidge is rated to not excede a certain pressure. It does not mean it can't be loaded lower than a given pressure. To many cartidges have been nuttered even more by our ammo companies.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
old crow You most have missed the part from the OP that his pistols run fine with other brands of ammo, And still have issues with winny. You enjoy your wwb ammo, glad its so fine for you. Buy a chrony and compair it to other ammo. That cheap wwb ammo may run fine in most pistols after its been broke in with a better class of ammo . I have seen enough info and chrony results and recalls to show QC is not at the top of winnys list with this cheap ammo line.

A friend that has used wwb 115gr stuff for a couple years with no problems picked up a new box at walmart. His pistol is a pm9 and has been extremely reliable and it started have function issues with this box of wwb right with the first mag full. I tried some in both my cw9 and a new caracal c , Both also had problems. So get off your high horse and realize winchester ammo does have more than its share of ammo problems . Thats also what was problably wrong with your KT but instead of finding ammo it liked you have pitch a fit. Noooo it could never be a ammo problem issue . For me that is the first time I have had a handgun not full function with any ammo in I don't know when. His pistol ran fine on the last of his old wwb stuff.

Oh learn a bit more about saami spec and you will find that a cartidge is rated to not excede a certain pressure. It does not mean it can't be loaded lower than a given pressure. To many cartidges have been nuttered even more by our ammo companies.
You sound like the kel tec rep. I was actually shooting American Eagle ammo in the frikin gun. I did shoot one box of WWB when I first got it to break it in. Then the LGS dropped the price on American Eagle. Guess what the Kel Tec Rep recommended American Eagle. I faxed the cash register receipts to the CC company and they showed what brand of ammo I was shooting.

That is when the CC card rep went off on kel tec. The fact of the matter was the feed ramp was cut down so small they gun couldn't function with any ammo. With a new barrel and a little fluff and buff the gun worked great.

You need to get a job at kel tec and blow smoke up some idiots ass.