Kel Tec P-11 reliability

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Kel Tec P-11 reliability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kel Tec P-11 reliability

Is the Kel Tec P-11 a pretty reliable and long-lasting gun? I saw one today in a store for pretty cheap.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #2

had one had problems with it jamming

Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have had mine for about 6 years. After 2200 rounds mine has been problem free. Doing a polish of the feed ramp is easy and should be done as the factory one is a bit rough.

-Bidah

-Bidah

Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 AM   #4

If you look around this and other sites, you'll find happy owners, and ex-owners both.

I had one that broke the extractor hook off while shooting at about the 200 rounds count. It made the gun inoperable, as it tried to feed a new round into the chamber on top of the one that didn't extract.

Kel-tec was very responsive about fixing it, but I couldn't trust it after that.

Very long, heavy trigger also.

However, in it's defense, until the extractor broke, it had fired every round without fail, and was very easy to carry.

I'm often tempted to give them another try, but I've already got other, similar pistols for when I need that type.